Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2004, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

What really needs to be done!

I am thinking of starting my own lawn care business next year! While lokking through the net I found this place. I greatly appreciate everything that everyone post because it does help people gather a general idea of the things that they need to do. What I have noticed is that people expect to find everything that they need to own and operate a business here! Or that they are looking for answers that thy are never going to find. I myself have never owned a business but my father has for 30 years, and from what I see it is a marriage and a brutal one at that! So for anyone thinking about starting there own business, do your homework for your area. It is good to use this place as a reference guide to get to where you want to go but not as a business plan. What works for some people might not work for others. Just do your homework, work hard. and teach yourself discipline and you will have a better chance. That what I learned from the lawn pros here and from my father!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Being in business(any business) for yourself is not for everyone,that's for sure,but for me it's the ONLY way to go.