Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2004, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

can we make a politics forum

i like the idea of pulling up the off topic forum and reading what people have that is interesting to me but lately it seems all i ever see on here is politics.

Maybe we can make a section dedicated to it so i dont have to scroll through evertytime to find something notable worth reading that is something other that politics. I look at the off topic section as something off topic not a political debating extravaganza.

Am i the only one?

Bedros
Old 05-25-2004, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yep,

can't you tell from the title whether it's political or not?
Old 05-25-2004, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes but i dont want to sort through 2/3 of the messages to find something that is not.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Founder

Just seems like more work for admin to me ... moving political posts from off-topic to political forum.. etc., etc.,

I don't think we should make a separate forum for all the different kinds of discussions that could fall under a off-topic discussion forum (IMO) ... but, that's up to Sean. I guess we could make a sub forum off the off-topic and persons who want to use it could ... similar to the 'Maintenance & Renovation' forum within the Landscape Forum.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Re: can we make a politics forum

Quote:
Originally posted by bdemir
i like the idea of pulling up the off topic forum and reading what people have that is interesting to me but lately it seems all i ever see on here is politics.

Maybe we can make a section dedicated to it so i dont have to scroll through evertytime to find something notable worth reading that is something other that politics. I look at the off topic section as something off topic not a political debating extravaganza.

Am i the only one?

Bedros

It is truly a shame that so few people actually care what their gov't does.
I think EVERY person alive should educate themselves on politics...............
But then again,what do I know????
Old 05-27-2004, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do care but i dont want to read it in my off topic section. Caring and endless debate over and over is another topic in itself.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bdemir
I do care but i dont want to read it in MY off topic section. Caring and endless debate over and over is another topic in itself.
MY?? off topic section??

I don't read any real support for your idea or your off topic section.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:36 AM

I know that sometimes the political discussions can dominate the off topic section, but this is an election year. Also, the politics of this country ultimately does have an effect on the users of this site because we are business owners. I am not against the idea of creating a "ploitical forum" but it would have to be understood by all that use the site that off topic is for one thing and politics is for another.

Maybe someone should create a poll in the off topic forum and see what the "regulars" of that forum want, and then we can move on from there.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:54 PM

It wont work.
We already have a couple of political forums on here and you can take a nap in there sometimes lol
Most people want attention to their threads and post that a mass audience brings. The mass audience is usually in the main OT and thats where people want to be.
We all know anybody can make a thread about anything in the main OT--anytime. Bobby is about the only one non political who can make a thread most everyone is interested in and therefore it stays at the top until its talked to death lol
Old 06-01-2004, 03:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles
Bobby is about the only one non political who can make a thread most everyone is interested in and therefore it stays at the top until its talked to death lol
lol, so true, the guy has a talent!