Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2004, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

BTW Scag Power, did you use to be a copier yech? I was a office equipment tech for 22 years did everthing but copiers, I hated those things! I dont know how anyone can make a living anymore in the office machine business anymore with Sams selling cash registers for 100 bucks, typewriters for about the same and calculators for 30 and you can get new computer now for around 389. Glad Im out of it.

Danny
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Extra Work

Do you know any one that is a contractor in a different line of work, I have picked up some jobs from some friends of mine that are to busy to do their own lawn work.

Yesterday i did cold calling on business, to see if i could get any work,still waiting for some responce??

Renewed my add in the small er papers around here, they bring in at least one/two new customers a week, and they don't cost that much.

Keep plugging, thats what all my buddies say that it will hit at once , well iam ready for it too hit NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:alien:
Old 06-03-2004, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

COPIER

No out side sales for copiers, all cold calling no leads at all, just banging doors all day.................................

I would rather push my JohnDeere than cold call for copiers ever again, by the way i went back to every one i use to know that is still doing this and if there is grass out front they got a flyer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:alien:
Old 06-03-2004, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Man I hated that cold calling. One of my best customers today I got from a service call on and IBM 6 years ago. The company I worked for though I do not want any of them for customers but thats another story. I run into other lcos that have more than they can handle and I ask/beg them nicely to send me any they dont want. NEVER got one referal from them. Im about ready to pull a chevyman1 and start cutting prices, and man do I hate to do that, will make me real unpopular real fast, but desperate actions call for desperate measures. Last year I had all I can handle and now the phone aint ringing. So many $10 yard mowers here its getting bad. I hate to go agaist the big time LCOs who are charging top prices but looks like Im going to have to be called a scrub or lowballer or whaterver, but they aint nobody helped me any, this being nice is getting meno where. Sorry for the rambling.

Danny
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hot leads

Well, today after taking down one of my smaller yards, I went cold calling once again.Check out the Funeral Homes.

With no rain down here we have been calling on just about any type of commercial account. Picking out the biggest ones i can find especialy if they do it in house.

Once inside this type try to explain to them the difference in cost versa price. Hourly employee with bennfits and over time versa contractor rate.

Check out some sales books , like value added selling, there is one called spin selling.

In my neighborhood i started doing door hangers on the houses that i slect, hidden message........................................