Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-09-2004, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

repaint an enclosed trailer

has anyone (if possible) ever got their trailer repainted?
I have a 2004 7x16 Haulmark enclosed in metalic silver.
I was driving down a road today and some overhanging trees scratched up the side of my trailer pritty bad and i'm really P'd off about it. Its not super noticable but in the right light it stands out pritty well. I don't have any graphics on my trailer yet but I will be putting them on next year.
so my question is have any of you got your enclosed trailer repainted? was it expencive and how did it come out. was it a big deal to get it done? I know all this depends on who you have paint it but it'm really upset looking at my new trailer like this and i'm going to get graphics on my trailer next year so maybe next winter with some plow money i will get the thing repainted.
2 Ferris IS 3000
Ferris Hydrocut 48 SD Hydro w. proslide
20ft enclosed trailer
All RedMax 2 strokes.

22 years old and 4 years in the business, just looking to learn everything I can. Want to expand, improve, and profit.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It happens to everyone. Next time your out on the road look at any box truck or trailer and you will see, that the curb side of the trailer or truck will always looks worse than the drivers side. Even though it's a newer trailer I would just hit it with some touch up paint. If you happen to have the side painted. You will end up scratching it again and again. as long as there is no structure damage I wouldn't worry about it. I worked with my best friend at his truck shop and 99.9% of the trucks that came in all had curb side damage. So save you money hit it some touch up and keep on truckin

Ken