Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

camper or no camper

how many of you have campershells on your truck, i found mine to be a pain in the rear to open/close constantly. By the way how much do you think i could sell mine for, its a sportsmen camper that fits a short bed ram. Its in excellent condition.
Old 06-12-2004, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one on the gmc that I used to have. It was nice to lock it all up, and nothing blowing out when going down the highway. The real downside is when you have to climb in there on your knees to get to something at the front. On my truck I have now, there is not one, I like it better without. But that means getting trimmer and blower racks, someone could just walk by and grab a trimmer or blower and it would be easy for them.. As for as to what it is worth, I had one some years ago. It was a nice one too, forget the name, but you could stand on it, and never chipped. Well put it for sale and no one would offer me anything reasonable. So I took it to Buff truck accessories on hwy 67 and traded it for running boards, bug shield, window visors, and other stuff. I thing that was a good deal, even though the items did not cost them that much to trade.

Last edited by Premo Services; 06-12-2004 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I use a camper shell, I keep my gas cans and if it starts to rain I put all my trimmers and blowers in there.I put a 2x4 board at the wheel wells to keep things from sliding to the front of the bed.I keep the most used stuff at the back,tool box and I have a couple of milk crates with trimmer line and oil in them. The stuff that I seldom use like air tank and spare tire I keep towards the front of the bed. As far as selling a camper shell, well when you buy one you pay a premium price and if you are selling one, usually have to almost give them away, people love them or hate them it seems

Old 06-12-2004, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one I just put on the truck in the winter. It's nice to keep the bed clean when the snow is blowing but it comes off in time for spring cleanups.