Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2004, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by walker-talker
Just curious, why is that brave?
I dont know, just that seeing as how she works for a software company...no company will keep all their clients happy...it could cause for some controversy?
i dont know...just something i said i guess

notice most posters do not use their real identity, some do, most do not
Old 06-24-2004, 04:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Jccordes, sorry so late in the reply, I cut down the grass but it keeps coming back.
ACT does not do book keeping or billing. I use Quick books Pro for that but the newest versions will interact.

Liberty, How much programing does Gold Mine need to set up and how much time does it take to learn if I'm use to ACT. My wife worked with a professional product that she installed for many big companys and she always tryed to get me to switch, but the learning curve was to much. She has moved into a drifferent field and doesn't bother me as much about it, but I still am open to trying better things
Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

PMLAWN

thanks for the response, your right, I've been hearing ACT isn't the program of choice. I am hearing Quickbooks Pro and either Goldmine, Real Green, or Gopher is the software i'm looking into.
Realgreen seems to be in the $4000 range, Goldmine i'm not sure, and Gopher i think around 4 to $500. I would like to grow my business from the start doing it right. ??? Money is some concern, but not the only deciding factor. If I need to invest $4000 in software I will. Still deciding???
Old 06-24-2004, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PMLAWN
Liberty, How much programing does Gold Mine need to set up and how much time does it take to learn if I'm use to ACT. My wife worked with a professional product that she installed for many big companys and she always tryed to get me to switch, but the learning curve was to much. She has moved into a drifferent field and doesn't bother me as much about it, but I still am open to trying better things
PMLawn - If you've used ACT, there isn't much of a learning curve.

As far as setting GM up, you can import a great deal of data from an Excel spreadsheet & ACT too. There is a construction industry template already set up that can be downloaded, but not one for landscaping & mowing.

Customizing GoldMine isn't too difficult. It can be time consuming at first. But once it's set up, you'll re-coup the time spent 50 times over in the first year.

For example, sending out 150 renewal mowing contracts takes approx. 1-1/2 to 2 hours. This includes selecting the clients, creating a filter, confirming the renewal offer ($$), merging, printing the offer & envelope, folding, stuffing the envelope, sealing & stamping it. The bulk of the time 1 to 1.5 hours is spent stuffing envelopes & sealing them!

GoldMine is about $180.00 for a single user version, the add-on for QuickBooks is about $100.00

Check out these links for more info;
https://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/e...P=0&CACHE_ID=0
http://www.frontrange.com/goldmine/

I should write a lawncare/landscaping template for GoldMine & QuickBooks & sell it to them. I used to beta test & trouble shoot both programs. Then I can buy the big truck that I want.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks, Liberty, I will check into that.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Member

JC, if you look at other threads (search "software") you can see that most people consider Lawn Assistant (from Real Green) at the top of the list. Depending on your customer base, it will run you $3000 - $5000. They helped a buddy of mine and put him on a payment plan over several months.

If you are looking to grow your customer base (not just manage what you currently have), I think Lawn Assistant is the best thing out there. Look at www.realgreen.com