Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-03-2004, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Having not experienced Deere's previous two-pump design, I can't offer an opinion on how well that worked. However, I have demo'd (and bought) their single pump unit on both a 757 and a 777 and thought its performance was outstanding.

I do have reservations about the single case/dual pump design but time will tell if they are well founded. But from a performance standpoint, the setup works as well as anyone's dual case/dual pump setup, such as Scag's, exMark's, Toro's, etc. I demo'd all of them to compare and demo'd the Deere 777 side by side with a Turf Tiger - equal performance in my view from the hydraulic system standpoint.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Member

In regards to the two pump one pump design on the 7xx JD. I have demoed the 737, 757 (Dual hydro), and 777 (single hydro) machines from our local dealer.

The reason I got for the single pump design is that the maintainence of adjusting the hydro down the road is supposed to be less?.?.? I am not sure if this holds up true but it is what I was told. I can only guess that it is way cheaper to manufacture one unit vs. two as well to keep production cost down.

I am not sure why some 757's have single and some have dual hydro, I would only imagine that they are phasing out the duals to go to single (depending on your serial #)I would guess.

I did eventually go with the 777 with the single hydro because of the shear power of the machine. I also did not like the "feather" feel of the dual hydro on the smaller machines becuase it was kinda jerky/twitchy when engaging reverse/forward. It spun the wheels and ripped up my yard. The 777 was a tad bit smoother (I was told due to the single hydro unit) but you still have 27 HP running the machine so it is still difficult to take it easy none the less.

Old 07-09-2004, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

rhino - any pics of your machine? And you might have said this somewhere but what size deck do you have?

My 777/60" is supposed to be here on July 14th or soon thereafter. I can't wait! The dealer is letting me use a 757 (that has the single pump) until the 777 arrives and that works out great.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Member

777 Pics

Stevo,
I tried to upload them but I do not have time to resize and junk. If you pm me I can email them directly to you. Or I will post them on my webspace this lunch. TTYL