Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-24-2004, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice try on the apology. Why does everyone thing they can just say whatever they want and then apologize and make it all better.

I think Chuck was just getting defensive by trying to make it look like I'm some sort of extrememist by having a Firewall. Wouldn't want the site sponsors to know that anyone can make their ads invisible by checking a box. Makes me wonder how many other people can't see the ads either. Probably a lot.

BTW - I confirmed that it's Norton blocking the ads. I'm about to turn them off again...can't stand all that blinking going on.

Good luck with the site.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Founder

"Nice try on the apology. "

My apology was sincere.

"Why does everyone thing they can just say whatever they want and then apologize and make it all better."

Because our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ said so.

"I think Chuck was just getting defensive by trying to make it look like I'm some sort of extrememist by having a Firewall."

Defensive? What part of what you said would make me put my defenses up? If I had been offended... yes, I might have been defensive and posted some sort of defense on my own behalf.

Yes, as I stated... My opinion was that your security settings were extreme. But, you can surf the Internet as you please ... I made a suggestion on how to fix your problem ... then stated my opinion. I should have quit at the suggestion.... but, thats water under the bridge.

"Wouldn't want the site sponsors to know that anyone can make their ads invisible by checking a box."

I cant even imagine all the things that people can do by checking a box! Anyone who uses Internet Explorer (and all other browsers that I know of) can go into settings and check a box that makes it so images can't be displayed.

Generally, its the site sponsors that are the ones behind a firewall! They interact on lawnsite via company / work computers ... computers on networks, etc., systems that generally have higher security in place to protect their network. Only one sponsor has had this problem in the past and I walked them through it and they changed the setting so they could view images., etc.

"Makes me wonder how many other people can't see the ads either. Probably a lot. ""

Probably not .... Your the 2nd or 3rd person in all the years that has inquired about this. Generally, people who have similar security settings set so they can't view images do this because they don't want to view them... they understand how their software works and sponsors would not benefit from these people... you can't force ad images upon them. Its apparent they don't want to view any sort of ad image.

"BTW - I confirmed that it's Norton blocking the ads. I'm about to turn them off again...can't stand all that blinking going on."

Yep, as I mentioned, a security setting. ..... like I said, ads won't do you any good since you don't want to see them.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Nice try on the apology. Why does everyone thing they can just say whatever they want and then apologize and make it all better.

I think Chuck was just getting defensive by trying to make it look like I'm some sort of extrememist by having a Firewall. Wouldn't want the site sponsors to know that anyone can make their ads invisible by checking a box. Makes me wonder how many other people can't see the ads either. Probably a lot.

BTW - I confirmed that it's Norton blocking the ads. I'm about to turn them off again...can't stand all that blinking going on.

Good luck with the site.
Oh God! If he's that sensitive let him go--dayummm.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:08 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Quote:
Oh God! If he's that sensitive let him go--dayummm

At the other place i got in a rowe ..to get to the point i was a accused of being bribed with a private forum ...well i cussed them all out ..and told them chuck had ask me if i wanted a private forum...well i say what i mean and i do what i say and i dont side step.....i told all the little whimp id kick their asses or get mine kicked.
I told them ive gotten to know chuck and chuck was my friend and if that was a problem they could stick it up their asses .

I got into this rowe because i do what i think is right and i dont sidestep and i will look the devil in the eye when i think im right .

Well ive been told daryl after his last reply to this thread was deactivated ....IS THIS TRUE.....if so you deactivate me to BECAUSE IF IT IS TRUE IT AINT RIGHT.

it is a simple question yes or no will surfice. If this is just a mistake i will be glad to say im sorry for bringing it all up.

As far as im concerned im sick of all these forum wars ........really people should get a life and get out from behind a keyboard 24 hours a day.
But right is right and wrong is wrong no in betweens for me.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

What are you talking about?
Are you saying someone told you that you were bribed to stay at lawnsite?
Who thinks this stuff up?
Seriously, I told you the other night when we were IM'ing that anyone can post where and when they want to at any forums. They are just forums, for goodness sake.

You're talking about darryl gesner? I just checked his status, and he is a registered user here. Is he having problems posting or something? I don't see how he could be because his status is active. Why would he be deactivated?
Old 03-25-2004, 02:18 PM

Maybe its Dayriles Norton firewall making the forum disappear like it did the ads HAHAHAHA
Man you got to get rid of that norton thingy its haunted.

Odin are you on meds for that tooth? LOL
And BTW you ARE on the putor 24 hours a day 7 days a week just like me HAHAHAHA
Old 03-25-2004, 03:27 PM

I definitely need some help here....darryl - he apologized and it was sincere. Odin - darryl would not be removed from the forum for his post, nor has he been, so not sure what that is all about.

Bottom line....there have been a few other forums working hard on causing problems for lawnsite instead of just working hard on their own sites....that being said, there are no problems.

I have said this a million times and I will say it again....

If someone has a problem or a questions, feel free to call me or email me any time....412-801-8888 or sean@lawncaresuccess.com
Old 07-28-2004, 08:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I installed a firewall last night, and the ads appear to me as red rectangles. I found the place to click to bring them back, but for now, I'll leave it like it is.
Crawdad