Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-27-2004, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

kawasaki fb460v 12.5 over revving?

i have a 1962 snapper comet and i got this engine off a 1989 john deere sx95, this engine did not have the right spring that hooks on to the throttle arm and to the back of the throttle housing so i ordered this spring and put it on where it needed to be and im exactly sure its right but now when i throttle it up it sounds like its over revving. i adjusted the throttle shaft that moves back and forth but it seemed like it did nothing so i set it back to its previeous position. should i be concerned or is the engine suppose to rev high?

Im going to mow a few yards tommarrow with it and if someone could help me as soon as possible i would be greatful.

PS. thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2004, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Member

ok today i reconnected the spring that goes on the throttle linkage and the shaft that fits on to the arm that connects to the throttle linkage was loose when i took the arm off meening it moves freely so i pulled it out a little and gave the shaft a slight turn then pushed back in and it was tight so i put the arm back on and connected the linkage back together started up and its not over revving, it seems normal but now i dont know if the govenors working, how do i check, with out mowing a high patch of grass, because the grass is not high enough to see if its working.

can anyone help me, fixer67? i would be very appriasive
Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am not that sure about kawasaki engines and would hate to tell you something and be wrong. Thanks for asking.