Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-08-2000, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For almost a month now I have not seen a post from lazer!Maby he has posted but I not seen 1.Are you out there Lazer?I hope so!Have any of you guy heard from him???????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-08-2000, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was just thinking the same thing. I hope he hasn't left because someone pissed him off too bad. He had a lot of valuable input. It seems like a lot of guys have been quiet. Hopefully they are all busy and making lots of $$$.<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers
Old 06-08-2000, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm still around! Putting in a few more hours now than I did in February <p>I still read many posts, but haven't seen too many where I felt like weighing in.
Old 06-08-2000, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear you are still here!I have one question for you!Which do you like better Exmark Lazer or Ferris IS?I know you own both which do you preferr???????<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-08-2000, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have Lazers and Toro Z-Masters (Same machine, different deck) Between those 2, the wetter the grass, the better Toro's are, the drier the grass the better the Exmarks are.<p>I don't have a good Ferris dealer here, otherwise I'd probably own those. I really like the independent suspension system and the low mounted engine. Most of the guys that DO have them wouldn't use anything else.
Old 06-08-2000, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I thought you owned one!Well thanks for your thoughs on that mower anyway!I would love one.I am getting sick of banging around on my walker!!!!Oh well!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
Old 06-08-2000, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

hay lazer...<br>busy eh? me too...what make's that toro better in wet grass(been mowing plenty of that) less clumping?<br>ps.. traded in that scag wb for another exmark...hp love it!<p>
Old 06-10-2000, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro deck doesn't mulch or re-cut the clippings on the way out. SFS system cuts grass blade once and doesn't re-cut. Results are a smooth, even discharge, even it wet grass.<p>Exmark specifically throws clipping from 1 cutting blade into the next to be re-cut. Results are clumpy wads in wet grass, but near perfection in dry grass.<p>Bottom line, both have their advantages and disadvantages, neither were designed by idiots, but:<p>The wetter the better with Toro.<br>The drier the better with Exmark.<p>You like the Toro's better in the spring when it's wet and the Examrk better in the summer and especially fall for leaf mulching.
Old 06-10-2000, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro deck doesn't mulch or re-cut the clippings on the way out. SFS system cuts grass blade once and doesn't re-cut. Results are a smooth, even discharge, even it wet grass.<p>Exmark specifically throws clipping from 1 cutting blade into the next to be re-cut. Results are clumpy wads in wet grass, but near perfection in dry grass.<p>Bottom line, both have their advantages and disadvantages, neither were designed by idiots, but:<p>The wetter the better with Toro.<br>The drier the better with Exmark.<p>You like the Toro's better in the spring when it's wet and the Examrk better in the summer and especially fall for leaf mulching.