Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-03-2004, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Member

25 horse Scott's lawn tractor belt problem

I have a three year old Scott's 25 hp tractor (orange) with a 46 inch deck. I believe it to be made by John Deere. It is a lawn tractor but seems to be really heavy duty and well made. I have a problem now that seems insurmountable, at least to myself. I was in the process of cleaning it up really good and had taken the belt guards off each side and in that process also removed a small forked support of some type. It had been contacting a belt because it had belt markings on each of it's two contiguous, curved sides. I removed it and forgot from where and now I can't figure out where it went. My wife and I have pored over the manual which came with the tractor and still can't spot it in the drawings. It attaches to the mower deck with a screw that is the same size of the guards that were around the two outside pulleys. Today, I thought I would just go out and try it with the guards on and the little piece left off. It took about 15 minutes for the belt to break into, which of course made the blades stop turning. It has three blades. Has anyone had a similar experience to mine on a tractor like or unlike mine. I am at the end of my rope. I have already torn up a perfectly good mower belt. But, I also need to be able to fix it myself when I get a new belt without it tearing up again. I would sure appreciate it if anyone could give me a word of knowledge on this. It also is what they call a 46 inch mower deck.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wrong forum. Post it in commercial lawn care for more responses.