The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-06-2001, 12:43 AM
Vandora Lawn & Landscape Vandora Lawn & Landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 386
My business is based in Maryland and works entirely within Maryland. However I may have some out of state college students, who attend school in Maryland, working for me. How do I deal with state witholding? Do I owe the taxes to Maryland or Pennsylvania?
Cullen Vandora
Vandora Lawn & Landscape
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2001, 08:31 AM
kutnkru kutnkru is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 93-04 (Zone5b) 05-now (Zone9a)
Posts: 2,662
If an employee makes more than 600.00 you can send them a 1099 from Maryland.

Last year we subed out for a friend in SW Pennsylvania, and this year spent 3 weeks in Greensboro NC. Each of these 1099's reflects those states not our home turf.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.05799 seconds with 10 queries