Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-04-2004, 03:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

what about floor height at the tail ?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mines 4ft. I just pop the front casters off the ground when on the ramp and I'm set.

Brian
Old 07-12-2004, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Get smaller tires so the trailer will sit lower. The the angle of the gate will be less.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We got an Exmark 52" LZHP this year and realized that the deck would hang up going into the trailer plus the mower wouldn't even get all the way up without tilting backwards, we had a hell of a time at the dealer getting it loaded, so after we spent a ton of money on the mower we had nothing left to buy a bigger trailer. So the next morning I went to the lumber yard and got a 10' 2"x8" and a sheet of 1 1/8" toung and groove plywood and made a 30" ramp that I have to put on the ground below the ramp so now I have 6 1/2 ft of ramp with a 19 3/4" floor height. I have a new plan for a new trailer this winter. It will be 6.5'x12 with a 24"x24"x6.5' expanded metal cage with the drop down door on the front, as well as 3 tool holders on each side, a ladder rack on one side. It will be a tandem drop axle which will have a 15" deck height. The gate will be 64" long and 6.5' wide.

This trailer will be killer and it will save me a ton of time and money for several reasons as follows.

It will have brakes which will cut down on the wear on the truck brakes and make for safer stopping.

The cage will cut down thefts of smaller items, tools, loppers, hedge trimmers, handheld blower, chainsaw, etc.

I will be putting a trimmer trap on the right side which should cut abuse of trimmers and help on theft.

I will be able to carry my Billygoat Vac, LZHP with bagger attached instead of having to remove the blower and tube each time like I do now. As well as 2- 21" Hondas with baggers. No more unloading and having to go to the shed each time I need something.

Save me from having to load my wood ramp extension.

Should look a lot more professional.

It will be great ! I have looked at a single axle version of it without the drop axle and it looks great and it made really well.
I think the tandem will ride better in the rough streets in this area.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

The drop axles are a nice feature on a trailer for lawn equipment. The gate does not need to be as long with the lower trailer frame.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually we have measured it and to keep the angle the same as it is now and to avoid dragging the deck when driving the ZTR on the trailer it will have to be as long as I measured, 64".
Also due to the fact that we have a lot of hills here, we are faced with parking with the rig facing up hill which also presents an additional need for lower ramp angle. Besides the fact that another guy in the city where I am ordering the trailer has one with the drop axle and 4' gate and his ZTR drags slightly. The dealer told him to add to his ramp or he was going to baen the heck out of the front of his deck. Whatever works for you I guess. I know that I need 64" to put me where I am now.