Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2004, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I think the best times of my life are spent on the lake with family and friends. And, every now and again you get that great fishing day when you can catch a fish each time you cast, and the action if fast and furious. We have "sand bass" that school up in the area lakes (I am very fortunate that I have roughly 10 lakes within an hour driving) and you can throw a bare hook in and catch one on every cast, it is a blast to take a child out and watch the fish pull on their line.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a place in Moore Haven Fl since the mid 80s. MH is on the west wall of Lake Okeechobee and for several years I did guide jobs for the local marina. I don't guide anymore but I still fish a lot. We routinely get 7-9 lb bass on wild shiners and when specs are running 25 fish limits are common. Moonshine Bay, Monkey Box, Cochrans pass, Dice's ditch, Harney pond, Blue hole, north shore, horse island, Indian prarie, point of the reef and many more hot spots on the Big O. Best place in Fl to winter. Cheap, not crowded and great fishing.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes and about 400,000 boats. Like GEO said, MN is big on fishing. Walleye is the main attraction but I don't have the patience for them, I go for bass. Tons of fun working a top water lure out from under an overhanging tree and then BAM!!!! The fight is on!

BUT...you ain't fished until you've ice fished. Other then hunting, ice fishing is one of my favorite pastimes. Just something about driving out 4-5 miles on a lake and tapping a few holes and jigging away.

Buck
Old 08-25-2004, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I Caught these in TN

I caught these here in TN and they sure were good too. I don't eat them most of the time but I was hungry for that wild taste!!! I had some Crappie too the were even better!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes i love bass fishing,i have caught many over 10lbs. the largest was a little over 13lbs.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Member

i hate fishing fishing is all i ever hear about when i see my dad i grew up with him gone fishing 40 weeks a year he still does this he fishes b.a.s.s. and works for triton and honda he was at the clessic not to long ago
Old 08-31-2004, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tippi931
i hate fishing fishing is all i ever hear about when i see my dad i grew up with him gone fishing 40 weeks a year he still does this he fishes b.a.s.s. and works for triton and honda he was at the clessic not to long ago
reeeeally? do you think he'd mind swapping his deadbeat son for one that would be his partner???

GEO
Old 08-31-2004, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

I will call him Dad if he can hook me up with a Triton with a Honda motor. Yeah, I sure would hate to have to spend 40 weeks on the water with my dad.