Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2004, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Reseeding and aerating pricing Answer needed ASAP, Thanks

:blob3: I am new to this part of the business and am wondering what everyone charges for this sevice. I have no clue of where to start on this kinda work. Also, what would you charge to cut or pull out a few small trees?Thanks.

Last edited by Mikethomsen; 09-25-2004 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, start by finding out what your costs are. How much money do you have in equipment (purchase or rent)? If you own the equipment, you need to figure the original cost as well as depreciation. Figure what your fixed costs such as advertising and phone are. Include your labor, gas, maintanence and other variable costs. Compute everything in an per/hour cost, and now you know what it's costing you to operate every hour. Figure how much profit you want, and tack that on top. That will tell you what you need to make per hour of work, minimum. Finally, check around your area and find what people in your area are charging. You want to try to be competitive with them, however, you MUST cover your costs or you might as well not be providing those services.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Member

I live in North Carolina and there are alot of LC companies around. I own the stuff to get it done and the house is in a $500,000 and up new housing development. I really need the work but need a amount that you would charge per Sq. foot maybe. or however you figure the fees. Thanks for the quick reply
Old 09-25-2004, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

$.20.

Really no one can give you a good answer Mike because it depends on your costs. It won't do you any good to get the job if you're not meeting your costs. Unless you like paying people to do work for them. You may need the job, but you only need it if you make money on it. I'm not in your area so I can't tell you what it's running per sf there, but I still strongly recommend you spend a day and figure your costs.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you randy. I will take your advise.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, there are others on here from your area that I am sure will respond in time. You could also call some competitors anonymously and see what they charge per sf. They'll probably give you a range, depending on conditions and obstacles to the yard.
As for determining costs, if you email me at rdj1@iland.net, I'll send you a copy of my Excel worksheet that you can start with, if you'd like.
Good luck.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks again Randy. I went ahead and emailed you. Thank you for all of your help. This is a great place.