Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2004, 03:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sean, please read......

Sean, I have been thinking about ways to make this site better. It is no secret that this is a business venture for you. why not give us members something more. Then you can set your site apart from the rest and maybe put your mind at ease a little. lets face it, all lawn care forums are the same except for the member count and the number of new threads.

You may have thought of this, but why not have a actual Lawn Care site that offers places for articles and news. A place to have advertisements etc. for the sponsors. I know you have forums for this, but why not create a regular website like a Lawn care magazine were the forums are just a function of the site. I have been a member to dozens of Computer forums and they are all just functions of the website. They offer the visitors info about the computer industry, from hardware to business news and stock info. The popular sites get new technology sent to them for testing and reviews. Actually this is were most of their articles come from.

I know this will be kind of hard because of the rule you have about keeping a low key for products are not sponsors. But these Computer forums have sponsors and the also do reviews and info on products that are not sponsors. To them the Sponsors are just a banner ad and nothing more.

I also know that this will take more effort, but this is a business. Sometimes you have to grow and offer new service to compete with the competition.

To sum this up, Put a website together that is like lawn and landscape magazine's website for example, but with a kick arse forum. If you can make agreements with some other sites were you post articles written by them. Giving the author and the site credit with a link added at the bottom of each article just like most sites do. Then this could be done easily. You could also add new equipment info and adds from manufacturers to create more content.

Here is a link to a computer website http://arstechnica.com If you click on their forum you will see that it is a popular forum. at the time of this post there were 796 members on line. That is astronomical compared to the amount of members that are on line at this time here.

Sorry for going into a rant, I know I was bouncing around a little

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:55 PM

Soupy....I appreciate this a lot. When you get a chance, email me at seanlawnsite@aol.com since some moron shut off the site's PM feature
Old 10-21-2004, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams
Soupy....I appreciate this a lot. When you get a chance, email me at seanlawnsite@aol.com since some moron shut off the site's PM feature
Hey I didnt do it! HAHAHAHA
Old 10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Crawdad did it!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

was it me
Old 10-22-2004, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I beleive it was NC Lawnscapes..... I'm sure has been banned......

Go Cardinals!!!!!

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.