Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-13-2004, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Great grass catcher,, but.

I was looking for a grass catcher for my 36" Snapper W/behind and the salesman suggested the Accelerator. So I went ahead and purchased it. Once I got the catcher and made the small ajustment to make it hang right I was ready to try it out. At the same time I changed my blades and put on some naja blades that Snapper has. These are mulching blades. The first couple of yards that I cut were wet with morning due. The catcher was working great but not filling up all the way. In dry grass it was doing better. I was wondering if I made the right move in getting the catcher. After a few weeks went by I changed out the blades and put the regular ones back on. What a difference that made. In wet grass it would pack it in from back to front. The problem that I'm having now is that in dry grass ( Bermuda mostly ) that I am being dusted by very small grass clipings that's being blown out of the catcher from the top while it's filling up. Some times it gets so bad that I have to stop to catch my breath. This is the only draw back I have with the catcher. Changing the blades has made this the best investment I have made so far. I have since changed mowers and have moved up to a 48" Sanpper WB belt driven. The catcher works great on this mower also. One reason that I stayed with Snapper was because of the catcher. What can I do to cut down on the small grass blowing back on me or is this the norm?
Old 10-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Sponsor

Tractor Man,
Thanks for the nice comments on our catcher. On your blade setup, you might try your shredding blades on the center and left spindle with the standard blade next to the catcher (some of our users say this works well- reducing the clipping load and also packing the catcher tight). As for dust, we have a dust cover that we had specifically made up for the catcher. The part number is GCDust for the 4.15 bagger, GCDustXL for the jumbo 6.2 catcher. Cost is 50-70 dollars depending on the dealer and which cover you buy (the XL is $10.00 more). If you have a digital camera and would be willing to take a few photos of the catcher mounted on your mowers that we could use in our website, I would send you a dust cover at no charge (we don't have any pictures of the catcher mounted on a snapper on our snapper page).

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 10-13-2004, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

WElcome to lawnsite, I cant remember the thread but this was discussed in the last week or 2, maybe some will chime in with suggestions, Some said to put a damp towel over the top of the catcher and bungee cord it so that what did blow out wasnt directed in the air towards the operator, come on guys and help me out lol

Old 10-13-2004, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Now there is even a better idea, That is the great thing about have sponsors here, you get a response from a company right away instead of getting the run a round

Old 10-13-2004, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Pictures

Hey Peter, that sounds great. I'll send you some of the 36" and the 48". Where do you want me to send them to?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass_cuttin_fool
Now there is even a better idea, That is the great thing about have sponsors here, you get a response from a company right away instead of getting the run a round

That's what I've seen from Accelerator ( Peter ), they know what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. It's still alive at Accelerator...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the nice remarks on customer service. It kind of gets pounded into you after 20 years as an LCO. Send the pics to the email connect ("Contact Us") on our homepage. If you could take a few pics from a front angle with the catcher mounted, as well as a picture of the opening on the mower that would be great. It also would be nice to have some pics of the mounting from above (lots of people ask how the catcher mounts, a picture is a lot easier to do than a description). Email you shipping info too so I'll know where to send the cover.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410
Old 10-14-2004, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Peter, I sent the pictures off today. After looking at them I will send some better ones. I guess I need to was my mower. I didn't realize how dirty it was. The 36" is 6 years old. But it's still going strong. I'll send you some more pic's later on. Use what you want. Thanks Again.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Peter, I got the dust covers that you sent me. I finally had a chance to look at them and put them on. I was thinking that it came in one piece but I see that they are individualís panels. This is great. At this time I'm only using the top piece to see if this is all I need for right now. So far this is working great. It still has a little dust coming out from the side but not like it was. I didn't want to put the other panels on to cut down on the performance. With the one panel on top, it has not changed the performance of the catcher. I'm sending you some pictures of the dust cover on thru the company e mail
Old 11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Sponsor

We made the cover in individual panels for that very reason. I figured people could use them however they felt best. Thanks for the nice comment.

Accelerator Industries
800-984-9410