Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-30-2000, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby,<br>If you were not pleasing her you were most likely not going to recieve a referral anyway.<p>A new pleased customer will benefit you better.<p>You will never be able to please everyone all the time, dont sweat it.
Old 05-30-2000, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

BOBBY, <br>THIS PERSON IS BETTER OFF WITH YOUR COMPETITION. I DON'T THINK THAT HE OR SHE WOULD HAVE REFERED YOU. IN MY EXPREINCE THE ONES THAT PLEASED WITH YOUR WORK TELL OTHERS.<br>YES IT IS TRUE THAT BAD NEWS TRAVELS 10 TIMES FASTER THAN GOOD. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT CALL. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE THIS FOR OVER 5 YEARS. AS WELL AS DEALING THE AG SECTOR FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS. IF THERE ANY OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT WILL MOAN, COMPLAIN AND TRY TO GET YOU TO GIVE THEM LOW PRICE AND TOP QUAILTY SERVICE IS THE OLD FARMER.<p>----------<br>GREEN-N-GROW LAWN CARE<br>
Old 05-30-2000, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby,<br>Bad from the get go...I had a customer I never worked for??? The customer accepted my bid for Tuesday service, wanted first cut on a saturday, I told her between 11am and 4pm, as I had other customers to take care of. I get there at 1pm for the first mow, and the lady is driving her lawn tractor cutting the grass? What did she hire me for? That was my shortest customer history, wasted an hour and a half on estimate and drive to residence = $0.<p>She left message stating we must have gotten our wires crossed...<p>Goodbye...or like SNL skit..Bah BYE!
Old 05-30-2000, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawrence writes, &quot;As a solo operator you only have so many hours to work. Work for only the best people at the highest margin. <p>Let your competition have these losers. That will keep them occupied and out of the high end areas.&quot;<p>IMO this is the absolute best advice to come across this forum in weeks. Follow it and the solo operator will outperform a two or three man crew any day.<p>Bill
Old 05-30-2000, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobby I got one just like her. I told her the other day that maybe we should dissolve our relationship. It's apparent that my sevice cannot meet her expectations, and that maybe she would be better of with someone else. I MOW because I enjoy it and get paid for it, in that order. If i'm not enjoying work at an account because there is no pleaseing someone, then their GONE!!!! of course remmeber to get paid before you drop them like a hot rock.<p> <p>----------<br>Jim White<br>
Old 05-30-2000, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love to drop people who cry so much about their lawns that they need to go! Hey if they think they can do better then let them there is enough grass in the country to not worry about them.
Old 05-30-2000, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bobby: Yes I am a Dentist that grew up on a ranch, and yes I love mowing, and yes I have all kinds of demanding and over expecting types of people on the dental end and fortunately I don't have to put up with anything on the mowing end because it is mostly free (church nieghbors etc.) but I will contend that the person you are worried about treats all of the people in town the same way and if she says anything negative about you, you will probably have new clients because everyone knows that if she says negative things about you, you are probably doing fine. (This really is a pretty standard thing in dentistry, as long as you are doing a good job).
Old 05-31-2000, 01:45 AM

Hey Mr. Dentist That sounds exacly like what happened to me. I worked for one lady that bad mouths everyone in town. At first she was so happy and recommeded me alot then i got to see her real side when she got the bill(which wasn't that much) But she called and complianed three weeks after i did a cleanup for her that there was stuff on her patio and &quot;she was very unhappy&quot; b.s. the place looked great when I left she just wanted to get out of paying. She never did pay for the cleanup in the fall or the spring.<p>What i have learned is that nobody gives a crap about what they have to say whne they are bad mouthing people but people listen when they say something good so if you get on there good side then great if not who cares.
Old 05-31-2000, 09:48 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
little wrote:<p>&gt;She never did pay for the cleanup in the fall or the spring<p>Did you have a signed contract?<p>Oh thats right you are underage and contracts are not valid when excecuted by a minor.
Old 05-31-2000, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello, Bobby<br>I had one (87yr old lady) just like this, after going to one Bill Phagan’s siminars , I had to get rid<br> of her. To tell you the truth I felt bad about it , but then again I will not look back. You know the <br> funny thing is after talking to her about what she wanted done and what she was paying she knew<br>she was a pain in the rear. I agreed to give her two weeks to find another , Bill P. will like this, “LAWN<br>DOG”. The day before having to go over to mow her lawn, She called to tell me that I didn’t have to come back, because she had found another Lawn Dog. Boy do I fill for this guy. She had asked if I knew anyone<br>Who could take over for me and I you I would do my worst enemy that way, unlike the ass that give her my name, he could have warn me. I guess it made him fill better.<br>