Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2004, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Joe re: your post about 60hp engines, it would seem you are getting a little testy here. I DO NOT want to butt heads with you or anybody. We can split hairs all day long. I feel its time for us to agree to disagree. As I have stated in posts before Its a free country and I am not forcing anyone to do anything they dont want to. Run your equipment any way you like. I will stand by what I have posted and I am sure you will stand by what you have posted.

re: the post about Amsoil, are you an Amsoil representative?
Are you a Husqvarna representative?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes Machines
I have worked at a multi line motorcycle dealer as a service manager for the last 12 years. I also was a service manager for 3 years at a commercial lawn equipment dealer. I cant believe the number of people that dont want to follow the manufacturers recommendations. Why? The people that design and build engines are way smarter than you and I. Anything that lowers perfomance or shortens life is death to the company making the product. Stihl does all kinds of testing to get the maximum life and power out of their products. Do what they say and your equipment will last a long time. As oil technology progresses two stroke engines will tolerate less and less oil. This does not mean use less than what is recommended. The Amsoil that can be run for 25,000 miles makes me nervous. The oil may be better but there are all kinds of combustion byproducts that leak past the rings. What happens to the oil as it gets progressivley more and more infected with contaminants? Oil still needs changed for this reason. I dont believe the 25,000 mile oil change theory and I dont buy the 100:1 theory either. I know a lot of peole love amsoil, personaly I wont use it. No offense to any one just my opinion.
could not have said it better myself!!! i am one of stihl's top sales and service centers on the east cost. so many times the failures i deal with are from not following the manual's recommendations