Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2004, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

no chain lube on stihl 028 av

I cleaned it,blew it out,even pored the cheap runny oil out and replaced it with stihl oil.Won't even oil with the bar off.Doesn't have the lube adjust like the bigger saws.What do you think? p.s. at least with the lighter oil it was wet, not since i changed it. :
Old 12-06-2004, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

is it under warranty?? take it back to the dealer to get it fixed something is wrong what kind of cheap runnie oil did you use? that could be the cause of the pump not working use only stihl oil in a stihl
Old 12-06-2004, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought this saw at a garage sale and it had chain oil in it called "Stampede" The half full bottle came with it. It's just not thick like stihl oil is.In the oil tank there is a rubber coated spring with a bulb on the end of it that does move around. Is that part of the pump? and is it supposed to run off the motor?
Old 12-06-2004, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscy2dog
I bought this saw at a garage sale and it had chain oil in it called "Stampede" The half full bottle came with it. It's just not thick like stihl oil is.In the oil tank there is a rubber coated spring with a bulb on the end of it that does move around. Is that part of the pump? and is it supposed to run off the motor?
I found a screen on the end of that bulb in oil tank and nothing seems to be pluged.Do I have to split the case to get to pump? Please tell it's easier than that.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

way easer than that all you have to do is pull the sprocket off then the clutch it has left handed threads so be. aware pull the spark plug out and run a
piece of recoil rope down the hole to lock up the engine.the oil pump is right behind the clutch good luck
Old 12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

had an 025 do this. As described above remove the oil pump. It is a pretty small piece. A gear on one end, and two holes on the sides. Sawdust was clogging mine, not much but enough to stop oil flow. When reinstalling there is a 'notch' for alignment purposes.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys I found the gear in the pump wiped out. I'll bet thats gonna cost a buck or two.