Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-24-2000, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I tryed the new gators last week, two per spindle on my lazer 60&quot;. Man did that move some air. It was sucking up my asphalt driveway. My mother-in-law told me I mowed her spider lillys, I thought it was some nutt grass. But that it has pulled the bulbs to the surface. And talk about a dust cloud, when I made a turn in my yard I would have to wait for the dust to clear so I could see the edge of my cut. I am gonna pull one set of the blades off and see how that does. Anyone else have this problem?<p>Dave
Old 05-24-2000, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

What did the finished cut look like?
Old 05-25-2000, 08:59 AM
LawnSite Member

The cut looked great, almost every blade the cut was clean and nearly perpendicular with the length of the blade.
Old 05-25-2000, 09:12 AM

I thought about getting the gator Magnums. But I am happy with the regulars ones so far. Because of the lowcutting and the lack of need for a vaccum affect. I find a cut faster with less drag on the engine. Don't know if the extra cost of the magnum is worth it either. Let us know how one set works. How much did you pay for yours and where did you get them?
Old 05-27-2000, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how much did you pay for them? i have the regular ones and like them. Is it ok to put 2 blades on one spindle? can you get them online? if so where?<p>Thanks<br>-Nick
Old 05-30-2000, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I tryed mowing with just one set of blades. the lift was good as was the cut, but the clipping were a little longer than I prefer. I think I am gonna try one set of magnums with one set of standard gators. And to think I am just a homeowner who wants a better way to cut his grass. As far as ordering blades on-line: I havnt found a good site; one company sent me the 1/2&quot; magnums, dont know if that was my fault or his; another sent me the sandard gator; another sent me a blade that wasent even a gator, it only had three fins and they angled out instead of in; the best price that I found is $13.30 from a local vendor I think they take mail orders.<p>is anyone else using the magnums?<p>David