Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2004, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I replaced my old site

What do you guys think of my new site? Other than a few tweaks, I think it's done.

Vic
Old 12-11-2004, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ooops!

Click here to see it.>>>http://www.par5lawncare.com/
Old 12-11-2004, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is there something wrong with the width.. or with my display setting.. Doesn't seem to want to stretch the width of a maximized window.. there are "margins" on the side of just white area that seem confusing in design.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

beran, he's got the content centered, using absolute positioning. the problem with having the content stretch to fit your window is you can really kill the look and feel of the page by doing things such as turning a paragraph into one really long sentence. that's not how we're conditioned to read. the confusing part of the margins would be easily solved, which i'd recommend victor, by changing the background page color to something other than white (not the content area), or add a box to separate the white space of the page from the whitespace of the content body. maybe take the main page background to a tan?

i'd recommend losing the counter and just utilize your web stats analyzer to get a better view of your visitors.

i like your page transitions. the timing is set perfectly and you've applied that technique better than most i've seen, and i usually am not a fan of using those. i do see that some of your pages do not utilize those transitions. i'd recommend going with or without and be consistent.

i like the snow removal page and pic, as it's unique compared to other sites, but you completely lose the cohesiveness with the rest of the site design.

on the sample pics page, i like the pic of the house, but it's 60% a poorly sealed/paved street. i'd take your original, crop it out, and then resize the pic to the appropriate size.

<"Have a question, or a comment? Interested in a free estimate? Call us at (614) 837-2750, or contact us. ">

you might want to add "contact us by email".

i recall seeing another thread of yours in the past, showing off your truck. if memory serves, i recall seeing a nice looking golf hole/flag logo of some sort? hopefully you'll add that? if you need any help with taking that logo to a web version, let me know and i'll gladly help you out.

be sure to get your page titles set-up to properly assist your site into getting better sniffs from the search engines, as well as adding the appropriate meta tags.

congrats on your hard work, victor. it really show that you've done your homework when it comes to building your site. of all the do-it-yourselfers i've reviewed sites for, i'd put your right up at the top.

tony in dayton - go bucks!
Old 12-11-2004, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for all the help Tony!

I really do appreciate all of the help. It looks like I've got some work to do. I'm going to look into changing the side background wings to a green color. That way I can keep the content area white. After reading your message, I took care of some of the other things you mentioned needed attention.

Vic
Old 12-16-2004, 03:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I'd like to see, is a bit more of the upper picture. It's as if the top got cropped off.

That's just my preference.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890