Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-15-2004, 06:59 PM

Good First Year!!

Hello, I am new to the group, my wife found this website, and We think it is very intresting.

I mowed lawns when I was younger (20) until I was 25, I did fairly well for myself. I got sick and couldnt mow because of sleep apena. I didnt do lawn care for 8 years and last year I started a test run to see how it would go, only mowed 3 lawns, 2 being little factories. Actaully I had my nephew mowing it for me. I had a scag from the previous lawn care I had.
This year my wife and I had 58 full time Lawn Accounts, and it seems like business is going pretty good.. main problem is cut throats, (people under bidding what the job should be. aka low ballers) next year we are going to try and double our work, we are already setting up accounts for this year coming up.
We started with a 92' chevy in april and now have a 2004, 2001 and 95 and the old plow truck the 92'. (3 plow trucks)
We have 2 trailors14 foot single, and a 16 double. , a 52' john deer walk behind, a scag tiger cub zero turn rider, scag 52 inch walk behind.. and walk behind 48' giant mow. 3 commercial chain saws. 2 echo weed whips, 2 echo blowers. We plan on starting another crew next year....
Old 12-23-2004, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Man I Have A Question For Since I See U Have A Giaint Mow. Well I Had A Giant Mow 36inch Wb I Was Forced To Sell It Cause I Heared That They Don't Make Them No More So There Fore I Could Not Find Parts So Where Do U Find Parts For That Machine

Scharp Cut Lawn Service Jcksonville Fla
2000,2005 F 250's
16 Ft Open Trailer
36inch Exmark Toro 52 Inch Hrydro Wb With Velky
223 Grass Hopper Midmount 52inch
Old 12-25-2004, 12:54 PM

giant mow

we found parts for that mower at snapper dealers .. i can still get parts..
i think they are junk i bought it this summer when my other walk behind was in the guys shop....i suggest if you are going to buy any equipment, buy scag or lawn mowers from landscapers supply...