Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-28-2004, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

In most cases (depending on merchant account) the SIGNATURE is more important than an imprint. If you have a signature you are safe 99% of the time...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony-MB
I'v had to dispute charges on my card before - Have to send a letter stating why you want to dispute it.
Then the merchant account contacts business owner requesting info to prove its a valid charge - signed contract, signed service agreement, imprint of card.

This also gives the business time to contact the costumer reminding them of the service - and of posible other collection methods should thier charge back be successful.
I had to dispute a charge a few years ago when I bought the wife a hat at Pike's Place Market in Seattle. The merchant charged me twice for the same purchase. The bank wanted me to contact the merchant, but since its a "farmer's market", the merchants are mostly of the gypsy sort. The merchant wasn't there for me to contest the charge. I wrote the bank about the problem, and they took the duplicate charge off by my next statement.

I haven't had any chargeback problems with clients. Most either see the bill beforehand, or they pay by pre arrangement. Even the couple that are charged before they see the bill and cc receipt, have never disputed any of the charges.