Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

frontier, go through their account listings to see what each plan offers. there are literally tens of thousands of hosts and can be quite different from one to the next.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i tried also running turfsurferstype of form and it wont work. either
Old 01-13-2005, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

odds are it's a permissions issue on the server folder where the script resides, unless it's a mailto script, in which case it relies on a client-side email program to provide the work.

btw, if anyone is using mailto: as their form relay, if you wonder why you receive so much spam, that's it. if you have to use that function to handle your forms, at least find a good script that scrambles the address. the other thing is, why bother with mailto: forms? i can understand the budgetary shortcuts, but the stars really need to align for the form to generate and send as you want it. it all rests on the visitors computer set-up and this is not a good thing. ever see a mailto: open the email software and actually populate it or attach the file?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

turfsurfer, from my end it looks like you are all squared away with your form? i sent a test tonight and all looked well.

as a suggestion, now that you've cleared that hurdle, you might look at turning the response page (thankyou.html) into a templated page so that your visitors can stay within your standard site.

also, does you php script have your email address within the script itself? if so, you should remove the address from your html form page. it'll cut back on the spam you receive. and also from a security standpoint, who wrote the formmail script you are using? one very prevelant script is not secure and can be used to generate the spam from your server. if you want to pm the script or where you got it, i can tell you if it's good or bad.

<EDIT>
nevermind, i know what you're using. i'm sending you a pm.

tony