Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2005, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

seashore update.

I finally got to talk to Ken at HGP about your products, and I just picked up two bags of the 20-0-25 with expo.

we will see how it works.

just one thing a noticed, I think that I would like your product a bit better if it came in plastic bags. with the humidity around here it makes it very hard to store.

thanks for everything ray.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Sponsor

Poly Bags

chris;

About half of our products are currently available in poly. Currently we are evaluating the feasibility of switching the rest to poly bags. See the top thread and if you have not done so already vote!

Believe it or not making this change is somewhat complicated.

Regards

Ray
Old 01-13-2005, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have voted, in fact, I posted twice in that thread.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the results...

ok, here are some pics after 6 days. I must say that it has greened my lawn up more than anything else I have used before. for some reason it also made the tru-cut stripe better.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Old 01-18-2005, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ray, where's my other post that had the picture of the striping in the back?

I look at my user cp and it says that I already posted it here.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Sponsor

Opps!

Chris;

I just validated both of your posts, did not realize the second one also had a picture attached. There was no text so I thought it was a mistake.

Conventional wisdom says "a picture is worth a thousand words". We will take you at your word that the turf looks real good! In my opinion pictures are OK, but I am not a huge fan of turf pictures on the web. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the accolades for our products. That said, it is very difficult to get a true feel for the subtleties of color, density, and uniformity from a photo. Particularly on a computer monitor that is limited to 72 DPI. ( And of course no one would ever dream of digitally enhancing their pictures to make a point?) Sometimes I even have difficulty trying to ID a weed from a picture displayed on a computer monitor because features get distorted at low resolutions.

So by all means post photos, but don't forget to include that text description so we don't sit at our desks squinting at our monitors trying to figure out just what your trying to convey.

Thanks!!

Ray
Old 01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

that is true, the turf in the pictures looks much different than if I was standing right by it. believe me, seashore, when properly fertilized, turns a blueish color. the photos look quite green compared to what the lawn actually looks like.