Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-29-2005, 03:46 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Lawn
However I wonder what a route carrier would say if you threw them some cash and had them throw one in the bag with the paper.
More than likely this is not going to be condoned by the newspaper. Why would the newspaper want anyone getting to advertise for free?
my daughter delivers an afternoon newspaper after school 6 days a week. When she took the route, she had to sign a contract, and in the contract it was clearly stated that nothing was allowed to be inserted into the newspapers. I don't think asking the carrier to insert flyers is a good route to go.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Lux Lawn's Avatar
Lux Lawn Lux Lawn is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
More than likely this is not going to be condoned by the newspaper. Why would the newspaper want anyone getting to advertise for free?
my daughter delivers an afternoon newspaper after school 6 days a week. When she took the route, she had to sign a contract, and in the contract it was clearly stated that nothing was allowed to be inserted into the newspapers. I don't think asking the carrier to insert flyers is a good route to go.
I'm not saying I am going to do this but as we all know the world is not filled with honest people.
__________________
Luxury Lawn
Larry

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-29-2005, 04:07 PM
1MajorTom's Avatar
1MajorTom 1MajorTom is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Lawn
I'm not saying I am going to do this but as we all know the world is not filled with honest people.
oh no, I wasn't implying you were going to do this. I was just talking in general. sorry about the misunderstanding.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Lux Lawn's Avatar
Lux Lawn Lux Lawn is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MajorTom
oh no, I wasn't implying you were going to do this. I was just talking in general. sorry about the misunderstanding.
No problem
__________________
Luxury Lawn
Larry

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.

Page generated in 0.07144 seconds with 9 queries