Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2005, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quickbooks tip

Maybe I am the last person who knew this, but here goes...

I have been using Quickbooks for about 6 years. I knew you could customize the icons (or not use them at all). I like having the icons to go quick somewhere, like "invoice". Well within the customize box you can choose from a list of icons to add and a picture to match. I had alway wondered why there was no "estimate" icon I could add. Or "Receive payment" icon. Well you can add an icon for any function you perform.

You go to lets say the creat estimate, the way you normally would. Once that screen is open you can go to the top and select view and there is "Add Create Estimate to your icon list". This can be done with anything including reports. I hope I have helped someone, and not just been the last dumbass to figure this out.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool .... I already had those on but only because my CPA had but em in there .... always thought that was the way it was ... added 1-2 extra that I like for the Reports

Thanks

" Think I'll Come Back Here ....... From
Time to Time ...... Every Now n' Then

Fantasy Lawns. Com
Old 02-05-2005, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I did not know that. You were not the last dumbass
www.hrbuyersandsellers.com
WE BUY HOUSES
Old 02-05-2005, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you, I'm new to quickbooks, and that will help me.
1-Case 1845C
Old 02-05-2005, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think this could be a great thread for any of the software programs that are used a lot on this site. A tips thread for QuickBooks,Gopher or whatever enough user are interested in to make it worth while.
I use the icon manager as well and links to the invoices,Bills,Time Sheets,my check books the charge cards,Items and Accounts are some of my most used ones.
My desktop preference is to use the Multiple Windows desktop view. I put my Company center on the top left,Company Navigator on the top right and my check registry across the bottom. now when I first open QB all of the information I need is right there. Account balances,upcoming bills and the last eight entries into my check registry are all easy to see.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did you read my whole post in detail? It is not just about using icon manager. It is adding icons that are not on the list
Old 02-05-2005, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Who Me? If you mean me of course I did and the time sheet Icon I added is a perfect example of using your tip. There is even a clock face choice in the icon pictures that you mentioned that I chose for it. I used the hammer for my Lowe's register and the bank vault for on line banking. That is what you mean...right? For adding quick links to reports I like using the Memorized Reports section of the Company Navigator for those. Now for something I only use once or twice a month ...say like the Loan Manager instead of making a quick link on the icon bar and too keep from having to open the Bank navigator window to access it I just click on the Banking choice on the top tool bar and select Loan Manager from there.