Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2005, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Home and Garden Show Booth

I will be doing a a H&G show in March, with 2 buildings (see link) and the majority of the booths are home related and there are less landscape relatedd booths.
My thoughts for this booth, is to not so much make it look like another landscaper, but have our newly designed banner put up with plenty of info to hand out and a big white board that says FREE.
Free drawing Every hour for those that sign up for an estimate to win a free service. Each hourly winner will be placed in a drawing for a grand prize drawing of a free Electronic Gadget of some sort worth a few hundred dollars.
I have placed myself next to a small display garden booth with a female owned company that will refer me if people ask for my type of services, and on the other side is a pest control company who can also refer me as well.

Thoughts???

www.hbaofcny.com/homeshow.html

Old 02-07-2005, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Rob, I think that sounds great. It seems to be a postive wi/win situation all around. Just make sure you refer clients that come to you that need the other companies services. You'll build a stronger network as well clientele base.
Good Luck
Old 02-08-2005, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Rob Spread & Spray,

I am looking forwards to seeing your pictures. Did you consider giving away something like an Ipod? That might really attract attention.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd like to see some pictures as well...
Old 02-08-2005, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldn't stray too far from a landscape-themed booth and rely more heavily on a banner. as a landscaper, you work in a visual medium. if you take that away, you're a guy standing in front of a banner. you can give away all the stuff you want, but you'll simply be increasing your unqualified leads. you should try to pull people in with your display, which should be some representation of your work speaking for itself. that's step one in pre-qualifying someone. the 13 year olds hassling you to sign-up for whatever techno prize will a headache in itself, so you might as well try to whittle the rest down to someone who may want to pursue an actual estimate.

our local homeshows always have the best-looking booths provided by the landscapers. small ponds, stone walls, mulched and planted, etc. that will win over the guy with a photo album and banner every day of the week.

tony
Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Well guys I have mixed responses on the free stuff. Many saying it will reduce the number of quality leads.

Tony, I dont do landscaping, I own an application company. Have you seen any booths at your show that offer this service?

Old 02-09-2005, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

sorry, rob. i didn't catch the spread'n spray part of your name and made the "landscape-related" assumption to be design/install.

to be honest, if i've seen any at shows, they didn't stand out or stick in my memory. i'd still try to come up with something uniquely eye-catching related to your services and less on promoting your giveaway. first thing that jumps into my noggin would be a nice, big piece of beautiful turf and another, less than attractive piece riddled with weeds. get creative. maybe check some of the local turf farms and see if they've got the perfect turf for you. a weed-loaded one could be easily done, even if you need to plant some of your own into a piece of shoddy turf.

tony