Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-12-2005, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek
for 4 color process printing, sure. but what about spot/flat printing (signage, shirts, hats, whatever...)? using a photographic image in a logo is not a good idea for that reason.
You could use this logo on some items and then another, but similar one for other print jobs. Tony is right, you are going to get killed on print jobs...especially the ones like truck signs and yard signs....high dollar. Most cross hairs on a scope of centered. I know you intend for it to look like the letter "T", but it doesn't. At first glance I thought the name of your business was Arget. I do like the name Target, the idea and concept of the logo.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-12-2005, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
You've got the cart way out in front of the horse as a "logo" is "feel good" business stuff. Get your priorities straight first. You NEED customers and equipment first. Heck, I've been in business over 25 years and have made hundreds of thousands of dollars and I still don't have a logo....
i understand what you mean... but my train of thought was to have the logo on flyers that will be handed out to potential customers. we already have a handful of customers but we havent done any advertising yet. im not going to go out and buy equipment until i have an idea of how many weekly's we have, and the size of lawns we will be mowing. i dont see how designing my own logo is doing something out of order....it was in my free time on a day that it was snowing

as far as the cost of printing goes, i have the material to do all my own printing so the only cost involved is paper and ink.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Location: central virgina, transition, plant hardy zone 7a, and heat index zone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker-talker
You could use this logo on some items and then another, but similar one for other print jobs. Tony is right, you are going to get killed on print jobs...especially the ones like truck signs and yard signs....high dollar. Most cross hairs on a scope of centered. I know you intend for it to look like the letter "T", but it doesn't. At first glance I thought the name of your business was Arget. I do like the name Target, the idea and concept of the logo.
Was my impression too
Primarly work with cool season turf