Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are your other 88 customers if you only have 12 mowing accounts?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Care treatment of turf treat home lawns but picking up some schools . doing athletic fields.
LawnSite Member

Lawn Care treatment of turf treat home lawns but picking up some schools . doing athletic fields.
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy33
Yes it says been in the business not owned a business. I started my business last year and I already have over 100 customers. I was previously a manager of an athletic field contracting business. With 11 years under my belt with such projects as Pro Player Stadium ,Great American Ball Park Turner Field I know turf management. I got tired of traveling so I quit. I know there is a good future in this business. I am a turf expert So when it comes to knowing about the business I think I have ya beat! I mostly do lawn care but I have about 12 mowing accounts. I was just trying to help the guy out by the way. Perfco has the best lawn supplies that I have seen. So buddy you should have read more carefully before getting all excited!

I agree with the guys about using an accounting program. Hand written invoice are unprofessional.

Also, being a turf expert doesn't mean much when answering a business question

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

yes you should have an accounting program but a customer is not going to care. I wouldn't as long as the job was done right.Far as beeing a "turf expert" it helps. I see guys on lawns that have no clue on what they are doing. You won't keep an account long if you don't know what you are doing! Now if you are dealing with commercial then yes I agree
Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess our debate here yesterday kinda moved me... I went to Office Max today and bought "my invoices and estimates deluxe" by my software. Cost 40 bucks. They had one for 10 and one for 30 but I hedged my bet that more $$ ment better and went for the more $$. Hope I didn't get hozed! It seems to be pretty user friendly and easy to make columns and name them how you want. It's just going to take time to get all my customer address typed in...

I looked at the quick books pro, 300 bucks. But I am not looking for a program to do all my banking, all I wanted was a way to automate my invoices. If I actually use the program I will eliminate having to print address lables as well, I can use windowed envelopes! I guess no program is going to be magic, everything has quirks and downfalls. I want one that all I have to do is think or say what I want and it does it! maybe in a few more years...
Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

if you don't want snapshots of exactly how your business is doing, down to exactly what your business is truly costing or making you, tracking payables and receivables, etc, then quickbooks is definitely not for you. as for the price, you can get it for $179 or so with rebates and they throw in the Customer Mgr software for free after rebate.