Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Tell me what you think of my new door hanger

I will have 10,000 printed.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf r-n-s_lawn_02-21-05.pdf (293.4 KB, 195 views)
Old 02-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Banned

Looks good Shane. I see you used www.lawncaredoorhangers.com (aka www.printstart.com).

Only suggestion I'd make is to have your company name at the top, where Lawn Care already is. It's a little lost on the side there.

You putting them out yourself?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Me and a friend and our wives.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good...Whats the $108 give away?

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Old 02-22-2005, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

You better get moving if 4 people is going to handle 10,000 of these. Plan on taking at least 100 hours to deliver them. That's a lot of hours if you are doing it in spare time.

Looks good, but the name is hard to find. Aeration/Overseeding looks like it has a different font. Other then that, it looks like most any door hanger. Nothing makes it stand out. Have you thought of going full color (usually not muck more then 2 color) with pictures and glossy finish? I would consider doing two sides as well. I noticed you had a $108 giveaway. Are you the one with carpet cleaning too? If so, the double side could work great for both services.

I only suggested the upgrades because of the amount you are having done. You will put a lot of work into delivering 10K. Might as well get the best bang for the buck.

Either way you should do just fine. Good luck.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Scaife
I will have 10,000 printed.
Looks great, although it seems a little too busy. My eyes were everywhere... sometimes a little simpler is better IMO.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Shane Scaife,

Great job putting that together. You have a lot of information on your door hanger. You might want to leave it just the way it is or you might want to put some of that information on the back side of the door hanger. Either way, good for you for making it and moving forwards. You never know if it will work or not until you try it !
Old 02-22-2005, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for all the input.

The # one reason for this type and setup is the cost. I have limited funds for this venture. So I went with the two colors one sided and the extra 5000 for free (letting them add their tag, at the bottom). As things get going I will go with the full color two sided. I'm tracking to the dollar so even an extra $50 makes a difference. I try to be a stickler when it comes to cost.

As for the name, I wanted what I do to be headlines and my name second. When I'm looking for a service I look for the service not the name of the provider. As I grow that may change. But as of now they don't know my name anyway so they will be buying the service not my name. Just my opinion.

Yes, I also offer Carpet Cleaning (Mostly commercial) and yes the $108 is for three rooms cleaned free! But only if they complete the full season of LC. @ a min of $30 weekly cut or if they have over $800 worth of work done. It's more so to get their attention and let them know we offer additional services.

I will also be having full color double-sided brochures going out (To be posted later). These will go to my CC clients and commercial prospects.

Thanks
Shane