Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Member

As far as my customer base dealing with Eric's Lawn Care, i dont think many people think of me as Eric's Lawn Care they know me as Eric. So changing the name i dont think will effect my current customers. I am going to ensure them that i and only i will be doing the work. I will just tell them that the name change is to back up my work. I feel they recieve a picture perfect lawn each and every time i cut the grass. Sometimes i joke around and say i saw a golf ball- the golfer mistaked my lines for the fairway. So i really think the name change is for me, and for new potential customers. I am really going to try and get a few more commercial accounts. I sometimes think commercial accounts think scrub or young kid wanting to cut some grass when they see Eric's Lawn Care. So this name is more professional in my opinion.

My previous name was never registered with the county-somthing i considered doing, but since the name that i really wanted was not already taken, i decided to go that route.

what type of fonts do you guys prefer? names? sizes?
I dont plan on putting this logo on a vehicle or anything, just business cards and letterheads. So that is why i would prefer not to spend 100 or so bucks.
Eric
Old 02-24-2005, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Then go with something really basic that you can make yourself....once you get some money, go to designer outpost and spend the $100 and get a really catchy font and logo (if you have not picked one already). good luck.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

look at it this way... what is your time worth to you to design your own? i'd set an over/under at 12 hours you'll spend working on a logo.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek
look at it this way... what is your time worth to you to design your own? i'd set an over/under at 12 hours you'll spend working on a logo.
tony, that is true, but how about if Eric does not have $100 right now, and he has time since it's winter?

he might be staying at home and not have much to do, who knows.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i was pointing out what way too many people don't think about when it comes to diy projects that are not in their field of expertise. he's in illinois, the mowing season's right around the corner, but the advertising time is here and he needs to get the marketing material into the hands of joe consumer.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

i agree

The $100 bucks is not really a big deal. I did contact a friend of a friend that does graphic designing. So hopefully this weekend we will get together and come up with something. I will let you know how it comes out. And it that doesn't work, maybe i will use what i got for this year and use designeroutpost next year before we get so close to the season. Like someone mentioned i really need to get some advertisements out there, so time is a concern. I think it would take a couple of weeks for designeroutpost. JMO.

Eric