Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Feedback on my site?

Other than the lack of images in the gallery, let me know what you think. I got rid of my flash site and switched it all to html and simple coding, mainly becuase it was not showing up in search engines with all the flash before. I have heard mostly really positive feedback over the last month...Now I will see what other pro's think.

www.helioslandscaping.com

Thanks for any replies.

-Reuben
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

helios, if you are actually going to try and sell someone your graphic design "services", as you just did in another thread, shouldn't you not break the #1 rule in flat-color logos? and 50k for that little .jpg services page picture?

i'd be more than happy to provide additional feedback, so if you want to pay me for my time, i'd be more than happy to help.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Easy now......I do realize that it was perhaps a bit inappropriate of me to make that other post. He seemed to like what I was doing yesterday morning, I would love to better my skills in this area as I clearly am not a pro at it.

For very little cost on his part, he could get a logo that suits his needs and I would get valuable experience..

But the tone of your post proves that I should not have made the offer. I HEREBY APOLOGIZE TO ALL LAWNSITE MEMBERS FOR MENTIONING THE SALE OF MY NON-EXISTANT DESIGN SERVICES.

Now as for your feedback on my site..Thank you for it, the pictures as you can probably tell are mainly just for fill, and thereby temporary. I have been in business three years as a corporation and two before that as a proprietorship. I have been soooo damn neglectful about getting pictures of my work. It's emberassing really.

All the photos I do have are prints from those disposable cameras and they are garbage.

I have done alot of careful consideration and research as far as the demographics of my target market here in Victoria, and upwards of 90 % pay for high speed internet services. So I did not spend too much time on bandwidth monitoring. Though your point is certainly valid.

Again, thank you for taking the time to look at my site Tony, and thank you for your feedback on my other post. I will think more carefully about things prior to posting them.

Cheers.

-Reuben
Old 02-28-2005, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i was just jabbing you in the ribs a bit because i enjoyed the wry irony of it. nothing more, nothing less.

back to the business at hand:

- get the logo into a gif. that 39k logo would be about 2.4k if saved with only 16 colors.
- a key thing is contact info. it's only found on the contact page. since you have your logo top-justified in the blue table, why not place the contact info below in, on every page?
- the content tables could use a bit of cell padding or blank cells inserted to get the text off of the borders, such as the index page's 2nd paragraph. speaking of, there's some inconsistency on centered content vs. left justified, as in the aforemention content table.
- the links page should have the other sites launch in a new window. as it is, you are inviting the customers to leave your site.
- i like the about us explanation of the name.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess maybe I kind of regretted posting that message yesterday..Hence being a little on the defense.

Thank you for your pointers, I will change that logo around. The contact information below the logo on every page is actually the reason i decided to hike the logo to the top of that cell.

Do you think i should just put my phone number there, or a link to the contact page? (this being the reason i have not filled the spot yet)

The tables...yes..on closer inspection...you could not be more right..I should fix them up a bit..

Thanks man.

The nice thing is that i am showing up in search engines now though...I used to have flash movies for everything on the high speed site, and then frames on the slow site...Sure looked great, but did not show up in engines...And really...lets be honest here..Do my potential clients care if i can code flash??...Highly doubtful...lol

-Reuben