Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-20-2000, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks,I figured I was alittle low on the bid but It's a high visability area and I'm hoping to get some other contracts out of it.<br>This is my second yr full time and i've been told that I need to charge more but I think the rates i charge are fair.<br>Most of the contracts that I have are cemetarys and they're hard to price out sometimes.....any one else do any?<p>
Old 05-20-2000, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cantoo:<br>$110.00 per cut is way too cheap especially if you have to bag, (even if you dump on-site).<br>Laugh at these people and move on. Do you have to have liability insurance in Canook? Does your competition?<br>In Ohio you get $45-60 per acre and definitely $60 per acre to bag.<br>That place is a $135.00 cut and that is quite reasonable for bagging 2 1/4 acres.
Old 05-20-2000, 09:36 AM

Dan, you don't really say how much time is spent mowing compared to trimming. I would try to get 45$per hour for each 60&quot; lazer. 35$ per hour each trimmer. These prices would be the minimum. When you come up with the job price it should work out to at least this much per hour. Different areas of the country have different rates though
Old 05-20-2000, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

DanG, What kind of cemeteries? Mine are the older variety with stones dating back to the early 1800's. They are especially hard to trim. The more time = more $. I cut with 60&quot;DC's and try to figure at least $50 per hour for cutting time.
Old 05-21-2000, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

In my area its about $40 an arce. Although we do have alot of cut throats around here!!<br>Not a problem the people most of the time end up spending the money to get it done right. For those who don't thats on them.<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance
Old 05-22-2000, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Some of the cemetary's are older and the stones aren't in line.<br>And some are newer with the stones set in rows and spread out far between.<br>I get $260 for one i do each cut& trim & that one takes 3 1/2-4 hrs with 2 guys so thats right around 50 an hr.<br>Some of the older ones are only around $40 an hour<br>It seems that for every 3 hrs mowing theres 1 trimming<br>do you use any grass killers around the stones? I can use them in some areas.....but I haven't had the chance to spray yet this year.<br>I use either my old hustler 251k in the tight areas or my 52&quot; Z-master, also just picked up an 72&quot; Z which I'll use where it'll fit and on larger contracts.<br>Now i just need to find employees who want to work ....That and all the rain up here is killing me.....I have to mow in the rain just to stay caught up because the last 4 days it's rained...I almost put my new Z in a pond yesterday tring to get close to the edge because the grass was slippery as heck .....that and the ground is soaked & leaving ruts etc...
Old 05-22-2000, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I do use roundup/surflan in some areas. My 60&quot;DC's go most places, a few rows have to be done with a 37&quot;. We usually average better than what I figure per hour.