Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-18-2000, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Happens to the best of us!!! I have a couple of people that leave toys in the yard.<br>One lawn we do they leave a green dog chain in the lawn thats smart huh!!! Last year we had a contract with a dog pound. That was fun land mines every where. Just today we had a customer leave her grawling dog in the yard. Needless to say we didn't weed her beds today. Or how about yards with gates? Why do people keep them locked the day you come to cut? How about Christmas lights in bushes that need to be pruned? Don't mean to ramble but what are people thinking? This by the way has all happened over the 13 years I have been doing this <br>Travis <br>AG&G Lawn Maintenance<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: AGG Lawn Maintenance
Old 05-18-2000, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

test
Old 05-19-2000, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've run over just about everything. Try this: run over whatever it is and destroy it, then say &quot;well I never even saw that lying there in the grass&quot;. I'll bet nothing gets left in the yard again.<br>Worst thing we ever hit in the lawn was a used condom. Luckily, it wasn't me that hit it... I didn't leave it there either. Just thought I should point that out.
Old 05-19-2000, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think i have you all beat. I have one customer (T.P. Trash) that had the WORST lawn i had ever seen. I was feeling good after i had removed the 4 garbage bags full of garbage (cans, bottles, plastic spoons, etc) and 20 or so old tires. What i didn't notice though in the 10&quot; tall grass was the drive line buried with only one end sticking out about 4 inches or so. KLANG!<p>Klang is not a good sound. Money going down the drain often sounds very, very similar to this. Her lawn was 35$ a week from then on. It was really only worth 20 if she had kept it even remotly clean. I wish she only had gloves and bats.<p>What about the customers that have the dog that goes through the garbage and chews everything and spreads it all over the place. I had that just today. The guy was looking out the window at me. I think he expected me to pick it up. I pointed to it all (99% paper products) and he shrugged and smiled. I smiled back and proceded to &quot;Mulch&quot; it for him. Wonder if he will get the point. hehe.<br>Have a good day ya'll
Old 05-19-2000, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As we only do commercial mowing we don't have<br>much of a drama with that sort of thing.<br>The tractor slashing is a different story.<br>ANYTHING that is left on the ground gets <br>shredded.Only thing that dammages my gear is<br>heavy steel and concrete.I hit a car axle the<br>other day and bent it like a banana.No blade<br>damage.If people are too lazy to clean up after themselves then they get toys,furniture<br>car parts,ect destroyed. If they complain,<br>then tough ****.<p>Karl<br>
Old 05-20-2000, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

This one lady I used to mow had a Dalmation dog, and one day it died. But instead of buring it, she just left the dead dog in the middle of the back yard. So for the next few months I just weedeated around it. I finally asked her about it and she said she just wanted to leave it there. Very weird lady....
Old 05-20-2000, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get mad - get paid. We call it &quot;policing the grounds charge.&quot; On our commercial customers it is automatically added to their contract.
Old 05-20-2000, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Geez that dog would have to stink after a <br>while.Isn't that a health hazard?<p>Karl<br>
Old 05-20-2000, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Toys and Trash are one thing,, what about the mother that will bring out her 2 yr old child cause he wants to watch the Lawn Mower Man mow the grass??? This is dangerous, especialy in a small back yard. I have tried to explain that I don't want the child to get hurt by anything that may be kicked out from under the mower or by the trimmer. But you know how some Mothers are, and they say thier child isn't SPOILED. I mow the adjoining lawns, that gives this Mother time to pick up the Toys. If they aren't picked up by the time it is he turn, I load up and leave. She got the message real quick. And regularly picks up the Yard before I arrive now.
Old 05-20-2000, 10:12 AM

I wouldn't do a lawn even close to where children are playing. That kids mother would string you up in a tree if something happen to that child. Just be forceful and tell her the kids gotta go