Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2005, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbella
Ok. Now I see what you're saying.

Cov. 1- $3.18 sq. ft. Brickstone-$2.12 sq. ft.

Who's paying for your shipping?

We are paying in the just shy of less than $3.00 for coventry I delivered to our shop but from what I hear our supplier is going to hit us for a 15% increase in a couple months. We do between on average 125k-150k+ a year with them in materials. We were able to get them to hold 2003 prices in 2004. They have been trying to increase their prices since 3rd quarter 2004 but we wouldn't let them. We will be negotiating with a new supplier and or brand if this is the case. I know Hanover was coming in much less delivered.

If they want our business they have to keep us competitive.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year, I paid $2.95 sq. ft. for Cov. 1. Everybody got hit with an increase this year. Originally, I gave you my 2005 pricing which sounds like it is less than you will be paying.

My supplier is about 10 minutes from one of EP Henry's plants. So, the orders usually come direct from the plant anyway and I don't have to store the materials.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

So your pricing really isn't that bad. Guess it helps being minutes away from EP. We are all the way down in Northern Virginia so our pricing reflects all the freight. Plus from what I hear now EP is opening a stocking warehouse somewhere in Maryland and all shipments will have to go first then get loaded on another truck to before coming to us. Which is the reason for our increase. If it happens we will have to move onto another supplier or brand.

We like to stock up an inventory of pavers, block, stone veneer, sands, crushed stone, portland and all other materials and tools so we do not have to waste production time by sending a truck or crew to pick up materials from suppliers. Too much waiting and down time for us. If the job is big enough we would just have the delivery go straight to the job. When you have a handful of crews doing hardscape each day its a lot easier controlling the flow of materials when you have it instock....
Old 03-12-2005, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not complaining about my pricing, just curious why homeowner's get the same price.

Mid Atlantic, are you doing commercial and residential paving?
Old 03-12-2005, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm paying 3.52 for coventry brickstone. Actually that is what thet want to charge, I won't go through my local dealer this year. I have a comp. called anchor who will deliver to site for free, and their non-tumbled pavers like a cobble series I can get for 1.80 a sq. foot. I remember last year a dealer from about 80 miles away gave me a cheaper price than my local comp. Anchor pavers are taking over the market near me.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I had a supplier that charged me the same as the homeowner. I used him on one job and then switched. I asked him about charging a contractors discount and he just said he couldn's afford to lower his prices for contracctors. Well he doesn't have to worry about that with me anymore..............