Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2005, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love The Look Of Pavers

Hey guys I am not a hardscape guy. My co is landscaping irrigation and maintenance and pressure washing. I would love to do a paver job. Have not had anyone ask for one yet so i was thinking about doing a parking pad at my house. I will post pics of the place i was thinking. I just need a step by step process to see how to do it. THANKS FOR THE HELP
Old 03-16-2005, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Buy some hardscape books. Read, Read, Read.

Do some research on the internet to see what you can find out.

Try a search on LawnSite to see what you can find.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

pavers

hire me if you dont understand this buy blackanddeckers complete photo guide outdoor edition. first prep the site use string and sticks to layout where you want this object to be measure 6" extra on all sides for edging. Rent a sod cutter there usually 50 a day and thats all you will need it for. dig a hole 5" deeper than the paver itself. take a 2-4 and check level. it doesnt have to be totally level but it helps. and add add a 4" level of grave (sq.ft./100= tons needed for 2" gravel,sand, topsoil. after you have smoothed out the gravel use a hand tamp or a rented plate compactor to create a firm flat surface. cover area with fabric overlap 6"-8" add edging and spike it firmly into place. use 1" pipe every 6' for depth spacers add sand remove pipe refil where pipe was and hand tamp. lay pavers tightly against eachother trim if necessary. last spread 1/2 inch of sand over pavers and tamp with a plate compactor. sweep up loose sand and look at the amazing job you have done. if you think your pavers look bad hire me and i will do a great job for you.