Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2005, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Care The Final Fronteer

I am new to this posting stuff hope this time it will be in the right place .

I am new to the forum and have enjoyed reading the posts and Great information. Seeing that I am not the only crazy one out here to jump ship.

After being in the Food Service business, Marine construction business and being downsized three times I just got fed up with being forced to make changes in my financial plans and working for the other guy. so I took advantage of the insurance coverage as at my last desk job that I hated and had both hips replaced, and rested a while

It was six months after my last hip replacement and I was going stir crazy feeling great wanting to work, on disability from Social Security. Boy that pays great NOT!

I met up with a casual acquaintance that was an LCO for over twenty years and his health was failing he has to cut back his work load and offered to give me a couple of clients but all I had was one old beater Lawn mower and no money. the strange thing is that when you get where you need to be mentally and start moving in the right direction God or providence or fate or What ever it is to you. brings that which is needed to you. It is all about moving in the flow your Purpose I guess. Any way to make a long story short By the end of the week I had acquired a trailer.a couple of mowers and a trimmer two clients to start and worked part time during last year to see if it was for me.

It was great to be outside working and I loved it so this year plan on going full time except this year I am starting with about 12 regulars and have now acquired some more equipment, a new John Deer self propelled walk behind a Tanaka trimmer.Echo Bush master Trimmer, Hand Blower, Toro rear bagger 24", a 42" Rider and a home lite trimmer. The best part is that it has brought me if front of people that want to help me become successful. I do the best job that is possible, always go the extra mile and they actually pay me well to do the work and have the fun.

Looks like this will be the way off of disability and the hips do well with the exercise I will have to get some help soon so I don't overdo But thats progress then Ill be the Employer see ya Boss I am in my fifties enjoying life PRAISE THE LORD

Thanks Folks for all the great information and advice!

Lary