Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

lets work together

I'm trying to come up with some sort of letter for customers with new lawn .
The please water every day isn't kicking it . Lawns are more then just one bush is 100,000. little plant so lets see if we can come up with something easy to understand and read no like this post sorry
Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good idea, I have a few that look like a dessert. And there like I want my lawn to look good. I try to explain to them that there lawn is a living plant. Its needs water to survive. They let me aerate this week and it's been raining like crazy so hopefully they will see the difference and water it once in a while. Whats stupid is they all have sprinkler systems. I tried to set it for them but it always gets turned off somehow. Who knows.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is one I use: Understand we have different conditions than across the US but the idea it there

Your Properties Landscaping Can Represents 20- 15% of Your Properties Value
Isn’t Worth Having a Professional Maintain That Value.

Maintaining a quality lawn requires a properly planned lawn care program.
We can suggest steps to help provide the "perfect" lawn you may desire.

The foundation to a beautiful lawn or just any good lawn cans starts with professional service. Your lawn requires more than just mowing, the lawn demands regular fertilization, pest control and careful watering.

Yearly Outline:
Spring Fertilization (Feb. /Mar.) “Weed & Feed” dry fertilizer.

Late Spring Treatment (Apr./May) A preventive insecticide spray treatment gets a start against infestations of chinch bugs with a supplemental fertilizer for the lawn.

Summer Treatment 1 (June/July) Summer rains and high temperatures create the need for an insecticide treatment and a supplemental fertilizer (Ironite) to keep lawns green.

Summer Treatment 2 (August/ Sept) Summer rains and high temperatures create the need for an insecticide treatment and a supplemental fertilizer (Ironite) to keep lawns green.

Fall Treatment (Oct./Nov.) “Weed & Feed” dry fertilizer.

Winter Treatment (Dec/Jan) Potash application builds stress resistance protecting the lawn from drought, disease and pests while encouraging root growth

Weed control: The best method to control weeds is through a healthy, vigorous turf. This is a Year round Job, it begins when the average temperature is below 80°F. Chemicals are applied in Spring or Fall, which help destroy weeds establishing them selves. Applying any post emergence herbicides during summer may result in turf injury.

Pest Control: For the St. Augustine homeowner, if you notice "brown patch" areas in your lawn, then this is a good time to apply a pest control, which kills Mole Crickets & Chinch Bugs. (Plus fire ants, roaches & fleas) we prefer the application of pest control regardless of any activity; a preventive approach will ensure a quality lawn as once the damage it is more difficult to control and damaged turf areas appear poorly or may need replacement.

Irrigation: should be providing a deep watering of only about 1 inch, three times per week (this will encourage development of strong deep root system) try to set the timer to water between sun up to noon when the lawn needs the moisture. There is no charge to set the timer to the best schedule for growing or dormant season. Frequent light watering only helps keeps the top layer of lawn moist and feed the weeds, while any late night watering only helps to encourage Fungus growth.

Visit Our Web Site for more Information è FANTASYLAWNS.COM

" Think I'll Come Back Here ....... From
Time to Time ...... Every Now n' Then

Fantasy Lawns. Com
Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Lawns
Pest Control: For the St. Augustine homeowner, if you notice "brown patch" areas in your lawn, then this is a good time to apply a pest control, which kills Mole Crickets & Chinch Bugs. (Plus fire ants, roaches & fleas) we prefer the application of pest control regardless of any activity; a preventive approach will ensure a quality lawn as once the damage it is more difficult to control and damaged turf areas appear poorly or may need replacement.

This goes against IPM.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks moderator for moving my post 3 posts isn't the results i was looking for.