Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-23-2001, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

marketing skid loader business!

Ok , try this one . magnets shaped as a skid loader, sent to every home builder within 30 miles of your shop. every body gets paper in the mail and the trash can fills up. how my times do you go to trade shows and pick up magnets on tables. then go home and use them on the refrig. or filing cabinet. ok so how my times do you go to the refrig. or talk on the phone in the office per day . point being you see them!

concrete pump!!!
saw this on hometime last night on pbs. bobcat makes it hooks to larger bobcats. talk about something i would love to have. around my neck of the woods concrete pump trucks do alot of pours . like basement walls etc.

ok the thing pumps concrete 250 foot . think of this i just poured a basement floor in a spec house. four finishers three wheelbarrowers, had to plow snow to get the truck up to the basement window. time is everything park the bobcat on the curb and the truck pulls up you pump it they finish it what a service! what to charge i dont know but the ease of operation would rock and home builders might have the bobcat but wont buy the pump because it specialized.

just something to add to that big wish list!
Old 01-23-2001, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

F and S I am an excavation contractor and have a skidloader of my own, and have been operating one since I was twelve.Send me a message through the new messanger or E-mail and I'll get you my number and I'll try to give you some hints about some places to explore for work.
Old 01-24-2001, 12:53 AM
DIG'EM

I dig graves in KY. Icharge $250.00 to open and close a dirt grave. I charge $50.00 hr 3hr minamum for any skid loader work.
Old 01-25-2001, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

The magnet idea is really a good one kountryscape. I think i just may go with it. When i send a follow up letter with a price sheet and contact info, the magnet will surely be a part of the package!

Thanks for the idea!
Old 02-17-2001, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Daily Rentals of Bobcat 773 in my neck of the woods is running $220 - $225 a day from Local rental yards.

Weekly Rentals running $660 to $900

Monthly rates From $1,980 to $2,800

Local contractors getting at Least $100 per hr with operator.

JCurtis1@optonline.net
[emailjeff_curtis@stamhosp.chime.org[/email]

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!!

May those who died in these vicious attacks rest in peace, and may the families of the victims find solice in the fact that their loved ones are sitting with God.
Old 02-17-2001, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You might try going around to new subdivisions being put in in the area you are interesting in and take down names of builders off of their jobsigns. Send them a flyer with your eqipment and experience and a list of references.

One thing I like is if the sub can provide more than one basic function. Our excavator does site prep, house layout, excavation and backfill, sewer and water utility hook-ups, pulls his own permits, and coordinates everything with our foundation sub. When I give him a start date I know we'll be framing the next week.

Don't forget to check about licensing and insurance requirements for residential construction.