Register free!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:05 AM
LawnSite Member

back yard help needed

Got a call from a customer this weekend looking for us to do more work for them this spring. We have done work for them in the past dethatching aerating fertilizing etc.
Well this year they want the same but also would like us to give them a price on fixing up there back yard.
The main problem is the amount of water they have standing back there ,when we went for our walk around i swear they had puddle six inches deep and nowhere for it go .Almost anywhere you stepped you would sink in a couple inches . Most of the ground here has 6 to 12 inches of topsoil then clay , the hole town is like this .
There back yard has a 2 to 3 foot elevation difference from the house to back property line .I guess the good thing is every slopes away from the house.
There back yard is aproximately 60 feet deep and 80 feet wide and is backs onto a green belt . I told them the job may be a little big for us and suggested another company which may better suit there needs .
My problem is this ,the biggest reason why i directed them away is because im not sure how to deal with this potential job .The one thing i do know is that if it was my place i would backfill the back yard to close to where i wanted it and top dress it and be done with it.

Looking for some one with other ideas.

Thanks ajmctree