Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2005, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Every summer I guide a few whitewater rafing trips where we use these hand pumps like the one that tony shows above for water wars. The pumps with the flex hose on them also work great for bailing water out of some rafts, canoes, etc.

When I'm not waging water wars on other people, I use my Rainbird hand pump for its primary purpose. These things sure are handy when tapping into a homes existing water service line, which is usually a few feet down in the ground in this area. Before I got the hand pump I was often faced with a deep muddy hole in the ground. The water wouldn't perculate out fast enough, and I'd get pretty impatient because of the homes water being turned off. So there I would be with Jerry's Big Gulp Cup, my head down in that muddy hole with my other end sticking up. I can't tell you how old that gets.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Sprinkler guy,
WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE "SUCK TUBES" ACTUALLY 2 OF THEM. I HAVE SEARCHED AND ONLY CAN FIND THE BECKSON PUMPS. CAN U GIVE ME A PHONE # OR A WEBSITE. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

MATT
Old 03-31-2005, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is kind of sad that I am looking forward to keeping hoses and a shopvac in a service van inorder to try to clean out a dirty manifold box.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Ohio
It is kind of sad that I am looking forward to keeping hoses and a shopvac in a service van inorder to try to clean out a dirty manifold box.

Here is what I use. I can also use the battery for the impact wrench to change blades in the field. If I can clean it out dry I would rather work with that then wet mud and sand. Most of what we pull out is sand anyway.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2005, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

See other post.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the pic.....I thought I knew what you were talking about cuz the local supply house sells one that has an opening that has an ID perfect to hold a piece of swing pipe and an OD that fits 3/4" poly. I like the looks of this one better. What brand is it? FYI, I usually keep a spare around that I haven't filled with mud, rocks, etc. and the kids like to steal it when they head for the pool...............
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

That pic is of a Dewalt

That is a Dewalt Vacuum--It runs on 18 volt battery(about 15 minutes) or it uses 110vac. They work great--too bad that it doesn't charge the battery when it is plugged in--They're less than a Benji at Home Depot, etc...Not including a battery...
I can get you a suck tube for around $40 plus shipping.