Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2005, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Also we are not allowed to install PVB's period. They must be RPZ's or double checks. I personally prefer the4 double check because they can be installed in a pit which makes for a much cleaner installation.
Hey Mowlawn - it's odd with the differnet codes because we can't use double checks here but PVBs are ok and used on probably between 70-80% of the homes here. Rps can be put in a basement but they have to have a catch basin attached and pipe running to the floor drain. But things are rarely checked out here and residentials never get tested nor required to.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

As far as checking things here.....No one comes around to check the install, and I have found many incorrect installs of backflow preventers, but if you don't have your device tested and certified when the local water department says.....they will shut off your water and lock it out. I have even seen them remove the meter from the pit!!!--This does present a lucrative opportunity for an enterprising backflow tester........
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

A little on the rain bird or MP rotator nozzles..
We started using them last year and we just love them. In my opinon they are one of the best products to come out in the last few years for the Irrigation market, Just behind Blazing saddles and wireless rain sensors.
Yes, you can put a ton of them on a zone and get by with fewer zones, this gives you an edge over the competition. Use them wherever practical