Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2005, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

record # of trash cans

Just for a little humor, what is the most trash cans any of your customers have? I have two long time customers who have 8 (eight) trash cans each sitting out on their patios. The first one I have never seen more than one can sitting on the street for collection, and the second one always has about 5-6 full trash bags sitting around and the cans are empty. Is there some reasoning that I'm missing?? I've been working around and tripping over those damn things for years now. I had another one last year who had 5 unused trash cans but she finally asked me if i could get rid of three of them for her. .... Yes I sure can, thank you ma'am
Old 04-13-2005, 03:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Last year a guy had 23 cans. He had just moved in, and he got free trash cans from his work. I guess it ended up taking him about 3 months before he finally got a trash service.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the scaper
Just for a little humor, what is the most trash cans any of your customers have? I have two long time customers who have 8 (eight) trash cans each sitting out on their patios. The first one I have never seen more than one can sitting on the street for collection, and the second one always has about 5-6 full trash bags sitting around and the cans are empty. Is there some reasoning that I'm missing?? I've been working around and tripping over those damn things for years now. I had another one last year who had 5 unused trash cans but she finally asked me if i could get rid of three of them for her. .... Yes I sure can, thank you ma'am

I have a customer who has three recycle containers that he fills each week with bourbon bottles and beer cans.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrotim
I have a customer who has three recycle containers that he fills each week with bourbon bottles and beer cans.
I just use one 90 gallon roll around trash can for that
Old 04-14-2005, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I live in a small town with lots of back roads, our main client (owns two houses...so much work we work hourly).

Anyways....We picked up 7 bags of trash on the road they live on. And seeing as how it's my luck, we picked it up and the dump was closed. So now we have all the trash in the back of our truck and it smells like beer!

Just thought I'd share that with ya