Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Found a great deal on a Scag Cheetah for my neighbor. Picked it up Friday. 921 Kawi with 61 deck for 10000. He would of sold us two for 9500 each but I just bought my Toro. No sales tax since it was bought out of state.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
You're comparing a small resi unit to a 12 grand commercial unit no matter what brand a commercial will trump and do double-triple or more the work of a residential unit any day.

I picked it up Wednesday and it's great. I might post a review if I get around to it. On a side note, a neighbor of mine picked up a smaller SCAG yesterday... I think it might have been a Freedom Z. I only noticed as I was driving through the neighborhood because the mower was sitting with the whole right side up in the air. His son (I assume) came around a power pole to fast and hooked the guide wire with the ROPS. Oops. I stopped to help and we got it free, but the damn mower deck landed on my foot. Oops.

(Of course I had steel toe boots on but it fell higher up on my foot... Oops)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
I was quoted $11,100 here locally for the 61" with a 31 Kawi. I'm like Ridin', I have a z930a with a MOD deck. I have no complaints about the mower itself other than the MOD deck. Looking at adding another 61" to the fleet and I think it will be the Scag. Great Review OP!
I replaced my MOD deck shell with a new Pro deck shell about 3 weeks ago. I posted a thread of the swap in case you missed it. The Pro deck is soooo much better than the MOD deck. You might want to look into doing that yourself. It's a lot cheaper than buying an entire machine. As an added bonus, I'm using less fuel now too.