Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-21-2014, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
Yep- links still matter A LOT.

Have you ever considered moving your Redwood stuff to it's own domain? I used your site for planning my last trip there and found it to be the most useful site around. Having that stuff on your business site sends a confusing signal- both to the bots and users. This is just my opinion, but I think your Redwoods info is gold (and could probably generate a ton of traffic and revenue done correctly).
Posted via Mobile Device
I've considered it. Not sure how to do it without possible consequences though. Most of my signatures in forums, and blog replies, all include links directly to that one main redwood page. I get ad revenue from Google, and the code is all embedded in the current page and offshoots. If I replicate the content at a separate domain, concerned the duplicate content might bite me ...

When I first started the redwood page, pages, I had no idea the degree to which it would grow, the reputation I would gain along the redwood coast, or the networking that would surface with researchers, those needing guides, photographers, publications, etc.. Had I known, I would certainly have started with a redwood domain.

A lot of the better DOT COM redwood names are already used-up. But it may be worth picking up one domain name for a single page, and having it point to my Facebook, own redwood pages, and a select number of web resources.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I've considered it. Not sure how to do it without possible consequences though. Most of my signatures in forums, and blog replies, all include links directly to that one main redwood page. I get ad revenue from Google, and the code is all embedded in the current page and offshoots. If I replicate the content at a separate domain, concerned the duplicate content might bite me ...

When I first started the redwood page, pages, I had no idea the degree to which it would grow, the reputation I would gain along the redwood coast, or the networking that would surface with researchers, those needing guides, photographers, publications, etc.. Had I known, I would certainly have started with a redwood domain.

A lot of the better DOT COM redwood names are already used-up. But it may be worth picking up one domain name for a single page, and having it point to my Facebook, own redwood pages, and a select number of web resources.

I would consult with an expert on this- maybe you are leaving a bunch of $$ on the table.

Tony- can you 301 just certain pages of a domain to a new domain?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2014, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headz77 View Post
I would consult with an expert on this- maybe you are leaving a bunch of $$ on the table.

Tony- can you 301 just certain pages of a domain to a new domain?
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually got some expert website folks in the family who specialize in sites, code, SEO, etc..

But thought maybe I should hint that my trips to the redwood coast every 4 to 6 weeks get funded through some means. I won't share exactly what I get from Google, but it's not like the redwood pages being in the back room of my arborist / landscape site have hindered a substantial amount of traffic.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890