Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2000, 09:22 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
I have added a 15 acre school athletic field<br>weekly mowing (when school in in session)and<br>would like to buy the elvex model but they<br>have no am band.<p>This must be some leftest pinko ploy to control the airwaves and I will not be<br>BOUGHT!!!
Old 03-03-2000, 06:41 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I use the Peltor FM hearing protectors with FM. I noticed some of you are using head phones or the regular FM stereo phones. The Peltor hearing protectors sounds like the ones in Northern. I have seen them, but not tried them. Mine cost $140 several years ago and still work great. They have a volume limiter in them so you will not hurt your ears and you can hear music at half volume with a back pack blower on. I would recomend them to all. They sure make the day go better. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-03-2000, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Mr. Stone, I also want AM radio. I like to listen to the Talk radio shows, The G man, and sometimes Rush. <p>Anyone know of a model that has AM?<p>Jim
Old 03-03-2000, 11:25 PM

Stone & JJLawn, If you get the Elvex rechargable muffs you can plug a AM or CD player or tape player in the charge socket and it will work as headphones. So now what ya got to say?
Old 03-04-2000, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you cut yourself, your body will heal .If you damage your ears,thats it. They don't get better.To all you new guys ; You MUST wear some kind of hearing protection. Just because it don't bother you to blow without somthing on your ears,don't mean it's ok. Hearing loss is painless and silent. ( Good stock tip ) Buy into a hearing aid company. Half of the generation X'ers are going to be deaf by there 25 birthday.