Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-31-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
I did not suggest you buy a new mower, I asked where the money for one was, if you got a 14G mower I assume 10.00 for every hr. Has been saved. Business 101
Too keep things simple a 15000$ machine that lasts 5000 hours costs 3$ per hour in replacement/purchase cost.

Problem as I see it I don't think you can do it at 1$ per hour in maintance costs.

In reality its an 8/9/10$ machine which is close to the gas burners most of us run, the pay off is its a whole lot more Productive.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Too keep things simple a 15000$ machine that lasts 5000 hours costs 3$ per hour in replacement/purchase cost.

Problem as I see it I don't think you can do it at 1$ per hour in maintance costs.

In reality its an 8/9/10$ machine which is close to the gas burners most of us run, the pay off is its a whole lot more Productive.
See my comment above. Haha I figure I would burn $8 a hour (with gas) just in fuel to keep up with this machine. Plus replacement at 2000 or less hrs.

Last edited by JCLawn and more; 08-31-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
See my comment above. Haha I figure I would burn $8 a hour (with gas) just in fuel to keep up with this machine. Plus replacement at 2000 or less hrs.
Im with ya. You missed the part where I said the payout is that the machine is WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE.

Thanks for the heads up on the Kubota I posted for sale.

Im not argueing with you at all. No doubt on a large property the equiptment cost with what your running would be a lot less than mine, not to mention "labor" cost.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
Im with ya. You missed the part where I said the payout is that the machine is WAY MORE PRODUCTIVE.

Thanks for the heads up on the Kubota I posted for sale.

Im not argueing with you at all. No doubt on a large property the equiptment cost with what your running would be a lot less than mine, not to mention "labor" cost.
Ya and honestly in 1100 hrs I have not spent more than $400 in maintenance, but I haven't been taking care of it as I ought. You might be able to find a zd300 series mower at that price. I would buy one with 1000 hrs on it in a heart beat
Old 08-31-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's oil, filters, blades, deck belt. Its been awesome. I've even plowed snow with the thing hauling it around in the salt. I had 2 parking lots, and around 15 driveways before I got a plow truck. Also off road diesel has been around $3.20 to 3.40 a gal and it never uses over one gal a hour. One of these days I get pic up of how this thing works.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If one of those mowers would fit my business model Id get one, I still search out for a good deal on a used one.

Im a machinery nut similar too you, lack of energy and time helps keep me from buying more stuff