Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

On ebay a wholesale company is selling jungle jims small wheel locker 59.00 delivered we use them to secure blowers. I have to say of all equipment walk blowers are the hardest to secure and ratchet straps are to slow time is money even seconds
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 01:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't have the right straps. 30 seconds to use the Erickson straps. 3-4 minutes a day to secure and release. If you have time to ride around mulching leaves you certainly have 3-4 minutes a day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I should also add, if you're not running self-propelled or mounted to the ztr, you're burning way more time than it would take to tie down all the equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 13hp Honda self propelled BG. I'm very happy with it. It's 6-7 years old no problems. Yes they have the swivel wheel kit and a brake option to hold it in place on hills. I need to get one bad. For the money you will spend look in to the hurricane stand on units. Their smallest one isn't that much more than a walk behind unit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked hard at the BG but no rear propel, plastic, no tie down, no front chute, didn't think there was a caster wheel option at the time, etc... made me go LW.

I was/am very interested in the Hurricane. All of the hills and uneven terrain we work around deterred me. There are times where we're holding it over a long hill blowing leaves down it. Definitely a cool machine, though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by echo; 11-28-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I looked hard at the BG but no rear propel, plastic, no tie down, no front chute, didn't think there was a caster wheel option at the time, etc... made me go LW.

I was/am very interested in the Hurricane. All of the hills and uneven terrain we work around deterred me. There are times where we're holding it over a long hill blowing leaves down it. Definitely a cool machine, though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Honestly I've never used the front chute before. But no reverse is a big downer for the BG for my area. Flat areas around the country I don't think you would need it. I might get a hurricane one day if I pick up some wide open areas or more without so many bushes in the way. I would only buy the biggest one if I was going to buy one. It will be awhile before I need one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There's always skinny areas where going back and forth sideways isn't an option and having to stop and get the backpack is a pita. Lots of times where we run both front and side at the same time.

If I had a need and more areas capable of using it, I would definitely have a Hurricane. Its just not feasible with the slopes, hills, terrain, etc... where I'm at.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-28-2013, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
There's always skinny areas where going back and forth sideways isn't an option and having to stop and get the backpack is a pita. Lots of times where we run both front and side at the same time.

If I had a need and more areas capable of using it, I would definitely have a Hurricane. Its just not feasible with the slopes, hills, terrain, etc... where I'm at.
Posted via Mobile Device
Completely understand.
Posted via Mobile Device